• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 GT 390 Fastback

"68EFIvert" said:
I went to check out Chris's car yesterday and it is coming along nicely. It will be a great look car when you get it rolling. Great job! I do thing you should keep the brown interior though. :lol

:WOP

"Fast68back" said:

Darrell didn't stay long enough to take a pic. He had to go to a soccer game.

I haven't posted any pics lately well because, there really hasn't been anything too exciting to post. I am still waiting to get the car into the body shop for final paint. I was told it will be the first week of June now.

I had been fighting a leaking brake line on rear end and on one of the brake calipers. I think I got them to finally stop. Otherwise I have just been stock piling parts.

I got all of the wiring harnesses I will be needing, I think. I picked up a distributor and the parts for the PCV system. I have been looking at radiators and alternators most recently. I'll post parts pics soon.

With vacations and fishing season out of the way now the car finally makes it back into the body shop for paint.

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1422.jpg

DSCF1419.jpg

DSCF1418.jpg

I'll stop by the body shop next week and see if they made any progress and post pics if there is something to see.

"lethal289" said:
So whats the final color decision?

This color here. It's a Ford color.

0908_09_z+2010_ford_fusion_sport_aWD+top_view.jpg

The paint shop just finished a '56 Ford Truck in this color and it looked amazing.

I was going to go with Night Mist Blue but, I am thinking this color might be better with the kids and all since it is not so dark.

"Johnny M" said:
The blue will be sweet....white stripes?

Thanks for the comments. I did not think it would be that hard to pick out the color. The body guy said it just took that long for him to paint a car with a color I liked. :lol

I figured when I bought the car the decision would be easy since it was Dark Moss Green originally, I would just paint it that color. Then it seemed like every 67-68 fast back I have seen in the last year is Dark Moss / Highland Green. I have seen at least 3 locally.

I thought about white Le Mans stripes but, personally I really don't care for how they look on the turn signal hood. I was also told they would be a substantial increase in the over all cost (+$2000.00)

I will have the stock white GT stripe by the rocker molding though.

I have been tossing around the idea of hand painted pinstripes. There is a local guy that supposedly does great work really reasonably priced. Someone said they had their car done and were only charged $150.00 They told the painter to pick colors himself and do what he wanted to and were very happy with the work. There is going to be a cruise in / pin striper showcase at the person's property soon . I want to go check it out.

See if your painter knows a striper. He can probably get it done for way less than that. They usually give shops and dealers smokin deals.

Picked up the carb today. I got home and ran the code. It's for an automatic. Does it matter that a carb is coded for a automatic vs manual? Do I need to get back to this guy and tell him he gave me the wrong carb? It took him forever just to get this one to me.

DSCF1461.jpg

DSCF1463.jpg

DSCF1464.jpg

DSCF1465.jpg

DSCF1466.jpg

DSCF1467.jpg

since your not going 100% original restored I wouldn't worry about it, unless it's not what you paid for, then he should make it right for you. It is something only an MCA judge might notice.

I'm not worried if its not "correct" I just want to know if there is an issue using it as is. Why did they make a carb coded for a manual & auto separately? Was there a specific reason they had for doing this?

Auto versions had anti-stall dashpots that slowed the rate of returning to idle so the car wouldn't stall.

They also had a kickdown lever for the auto trans which appears to be missing from that carb.

Thanks for the reply's!

I did contact the person that I purchased it from and he said he would swap it out. It sounds like if it gets to the point that I am still waiting on the replacement carb from him and it's holding up the build I'll just use this one if that's okay.

Back