• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

67 GT 390 Fastback

"Horseplay" said:
If you don't mind sharing I'd be very interested in knowing what it cost to re-chrome the fold down trim.

I used www.metlfin.com

I dropped off all the parts 4/24 they told me 10 business days to get everything done. I just picked up the parts this week. Although it's not holding up the build as I have been slacking lately, I still don't appreciate being jacked around.

After I dropped off the parts they were quick to get me back with a price but, after I had told them that I was only going to do a few parts since it was so expensive they never got back to me with a new price. I called about once a week every week to just see how everything was going and was the same story every time, "They should be ready at the end of the week."

Well this week they said the parts were finally done and the total was $450.00. They charged $150.00 for the air cleaner lid and $50.00 for each of the other pieces. The parts look really good and were packaged up really nice. I would snap some pics but, everything is all boxed up as I am waiting for the fold down seat carpet and bolt kit before I get it all out and unpacked.

I need to figure out what I am going to do about this.

47c1f377-4d31-4b3c.jpg

47c1f377-4d3f-9aef.jpg

I saw what cmanya had done with his door. So, I am probably going to follow suit and just install speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought an ABS trap door and mounted my speakers flush. My unmolested original trap door is safely tucked away in the attic...

The tires finally showed up today. It's supposed to be nasty out for the next few days. It was not raining so I pushed it out of the garage to snap some pics. I am going to get it in to the shop and have the exhaust installed and get a line up as soon as I can. If all goes well I am firing this up soon.

All the info on what I did to the suspension, here is a summary.

Stock ride height rear leaf springs

KYB Gas Adjust shocks all 4 corners

Arning upper control arm relocation

Big Block Front coil springs 1" lowered

Rims are Specialty Wheel Magnum 500 - 15"x7" w - 4.25" BS w/ BF Goodrich Radial TA 225/60R/15 - all 4 corners

47c1f377-018a-55b7.jpg

47c1f377-0199-9ec8.jpg

47c1f377-01a7-257c.jpg

"AzPete" said:
Looks good....what color green is that......all 67-68 FB's are green....right.....

You know the sad truth is, the car was originally dark moss green with black interior. The original plan was try to keep it close to stock but, I got tired of people saying, "Oh, it's a Bullitt car" and it seemed like every 67/68 I saw before I painted it was green.

Looks good.....Give me the number of that towing service.....I have a change of address for them......as long as they have your CC number....

I snapped a couple pics while it was on the lift

47c1f377-c24b-8408.jpg

47c1f377-c257-3c71.jpg

Too funny Pete, that comment made me lol!

Back