• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Convince me to move west.

I'd recommend Tucson, or Fallon, Nevada (near Reno). Phoenix is a big city with significant smog.

Re: Convince me to move west.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I have been trying to talk the wife into visiting Texas. Haven't made it there yet.

It's harder to just jump on a plane and go somewhere with a one year old now. But we want to move before she starts school.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
well you know the 2012 HRPT is going to TX!!!
I can't help myself. :hide

Re: Re: Convince me to move west.

"tarafied1" said:
well you know the 2012 HRPT is going to TX!!!
I can't help myself. :hide
Yeah I know. Maybe I will make it.
I'm in the garage now working on the POS.

There are some sweet deals on homes in Vegas and 2 hours North St. George is exactly what you describe. Too hot for me but I like the snow.

There is lots to do and schools in UT are awesome. Not sure about Vegas. I would probably look at the Henderson area.

If you get to SoUtah send me a message, maybe we could get together.

Mel

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

We looked at Henderson, or the lake meade area. Lots of foreclosures there. Makes me a little nervous, but being in retail tourists are always good.

If we get near Utah we will let you know.

"RapidRabbit" said:
I haven't ruled out cali yet.
Just not sure I can afford the cost of living and I have no idea where to start there either. :shrug

I would not pass too quickly on Cali. Look into the Central Valley for good home prices and affordable living. There are plenty of great homes in the sub $300K range currently. Temperature is warm to hot during the summer (100+ 10-20 days a year). Winters are mild with no snow, and 11-14" of rain total. Many great lakes for boating, 90 minutes to the SF bay area, the beach or the mountains. Look at Sacramento, Modesto for the better locations. I would be happy to share more...but I am off to the lake for a few days! :beer

So who wants to give us the tour of California in Oct if we add that to the list?

"Fast68back" said:
What about Texas? Other than that area that George Bush and KO67 live in, 300K goes a long way in the housing market. Plenty of lakes, and not much snow...

True, you can get a lot of house for $300K, but it is hot--last 10 days, 100+, next 10 days, 100+. Basically, any outdoor activities have to be done be fore 10 AM or after 8PM. And there have been so many people moving from other states to Texas, you no longer read about cars with northern license plates being shot at.

So I don't need to own a gun to move to Texas then?

I'll toss in my .02

I've lived in CA my entire life and frankly look forward to the day I eventually move away. It's a high-tax (bankrupt) state that perpetually wants more of your money, it's a nanny state that does not believe you can think for your self, the majority politics are quite different from what I believe and due to the evolving demographics, people who are like-minded with me are being marginalized. I lived in SF for 25 years (my parents still live there) and have now been in Sacramento for over 20.

CA has great weather and scenery, but otherwise...

If you come to Sacramento, I'd be glad to show you around.

"SAC69" said:
I'll toss in my .02

I've lived in CA my entire life and frankly look forward to the day I eventually move away. It's a high-tax (bankrupt) state that perpetually wants more of your money, it's a nanny state that does not believe you can think for your self, the majority politics are quite different from what I believe and due to the evolving demographics, people who are like-minded with me are being marginalized. I lived in SF for 25 years (my parents still live there) and have now been in Sacramento for over 20.

CA has great weather and scenery, but otherwise...

If you come to Sacramento, I'd be glad to show you around.

Yes, yes and yes.....but the scenery and natural environment is hard to beat anywhere else in the country. While some taxes are high, others are not too bad. Thanks to Prop 13, property taxes are held fairly low. Income and sales tax can be a bit, but worth the cost for living here.

Don't get me started on the legislators.....but even they won't drive me out of Cali. The rest of the states are quickly getting into formation behind us.

"RapidRabbit" said:
So I don't need to own a gun to move to Texas then?

I heard they give one to each new LEGAL immigrant to the State.

"Midlife" said:
If you really want to go west, what about Hawaii?
We do have a store in Hawaii. I don't think I can afford to live there.
Never been there. That was supposed to be our 10 year anniversary trip, but we went to Italy instead.

"RapidRabbit" said:
So who wants to give us the tour of California in Oct if we add that to the list?

Just join us for MITM in Pismo Beach....

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
Just join us for MITM in Pismo Beach....

Mel
I wish I could. It's the wrong week for my vacation. We are going Oct 9th to the 16th .

"RapidRabbit" said:
I wish I could. It's the wrong week for my vacation. We are going Oct 9th to the 16th .

Two of my daughters and my SIL live in San Luis Obispo. I'm sure I could get Jacob and Laurice to show you around. It is God's country, just too many people for me.

I will gladly try to show you around here or Vegas if you would like.

What retail are you in?

Mel

I am a store manager with famous footwear.

"RapidRabbit" said:

You work for Victoria's Secret? Kewl!

"RapidRabbit" said:

So you are a modern day Al Bundy? Hehehe

Just messing with you!

There is a store in the Provo area. Super nice area, but they do get some snow. I don't think there is one in SoUtah, but there is more than one in the Vegas area IIRC. If you move to Cali you will have plenty of fixers around, if you move to Vegas there are some and I am 2 hours North. So either way you will have friends close by!

Mel

Mel

Back