• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Convince me to move west.

Re: Re: Convince me to move west.

"guruatbol" said:
So you are a modern day Al Bundy? Hehehe

Just messing with you!

There is a store in the Provo area. Super nice area, but they do get some snow. I don't think there is one in SoUtah, but there is more than one in the Vegas area IIRC. If you move to Cali you will have plenty of fixers around, if you move to Vegas there are some and I am 2 hours North. So either way you will have friends close by!

Mel

Mel

Haha very funny, never heard that one before.

We have about 1200+ stores nationwide. and we have been opening a lot of new stores every year. I already have all the lists of stores out west.

I have "in training" to be a district manager for a while and they have sent out to different stores out west to help train.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tucson is much nicer than Phoenix!

Warning: once you move west, you'll never want to go back east except for short visits.

Re: Convince me to move west.

I have been to Tucson several times. It's on the list too. I had some family that lived there.

Is it a lot hotter there than phoenix?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Tucson runs 5 degrees cooler than Phoenix if not more. I liked Tucson much better. Phx from 72-80, Tucson 80-91. Liked Safford 91-08 even more but no store there for you. Real small town...

Yeah, but it's a "dry" heat. It'll take your breath away and feel like a blast furnace when the wind blows, but it's "dry" :part

"silverblueBP" said:
We have good schools around here with small class sizes. You can also buy acreage all frick'n day long for <$2k/ac as long as you don't want neighbors!

Lot's of blowing snow and sub zero temps though.

I hear that the land of Dorothy and toto is also pretty tough on engines..... (and BTW, Jess said "LOT's" does not have an apostrophe)

Tucson is a great city, as is Phoenix. The AZ heat is easy to take compared with Dallas-Fort Worth. 110 in AZ is easier to take than 102 in D/FW. The humidity here is a killer. At least in the desert shade helps, here it's still humid. Don't let the no state income tax argument fool you. Texas still gets their money by charging fees for everything. Property taxes here on a 300K house will be more than AZ. I know, I've lived in both places. I'm in TX for the foreseeable future and am very happy living here, but will go back to AZ eventually. Best place weather wise I have ever lived is the SF peninsula. Would move back there in a heartbeat if it were offered. All of the North Texas fixers would welcome another local hooligan to hang with.

Texas has some nice areas.

In the long run I'd like to get out of Houston...too humid and it's murder on the sinus / allergies.

I personally find the Dallas area kind of flat and ugly but that's just my opinion.

San Antonio is nice but too many Mexicans for my taste.

If I could move anywhere I'd look near Austin or ideally pick a spot outside one of the small towns in central Texas.

Housing in Texas is pretty cheap and no state income tax is very nice.

&quot;Fast68back&quot; said:
I hear that the land of Dorothy and toto is also pretty tough on engines..... (and BTW, Jess said "LOT's" does not have an apostrophe)

Very hard on engines and yes, typo.

Re: Convince me to move west.

Having lived near Yuma AZ you could not pay me enough to live in AZ. I have been to Tucson a couple times in summer and Phoenix many times for days at a time. All I can say is you have never felt real heat until you've been there.

Oh, dry heat my butt. They get the monsoons in summer and with them is humidity.

NV isn't better. Heck we get the monsoons in Utah after CA NV and AZ.

Mel

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

"Convince me to move out west"

Are you into self mutilation or something? Anything west of the Rockies is considered a foreign country.

&quot;blue65coupe&quot; said:
"Convince me to move out west"

Are you into self mutilation or something? Anything west of the Rockies is considered a foreign country.

Isn't that what they say about the south. I had to get a passport last time I went down there. :nut

Passports and ID are only needed if you're under 65. Over 65 it's P.A.R.T.Y. time!

&quot;RapidRabbit&quot; said:
you guys are really trying to keep me out of Kansas huh?
What are you hiding?

Uhhhh, nothing...Kansas is not the home you seek, move along.

Back