• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Convince me to move west.

Re: Convince me to move west.

Well my wife spent a good amount of time online looking at houses for sale in California last night.

I am currently trying to change our vacation week to maybe make mitm and scope out some areas. I can change my week off but she is not sure yet.

Too much to consider. It's getting complicated now.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

"RapidRabbit" said:
Well my wife spent a good amount of time looking at housing in California last night.

I am currently trying to change our vacation week to maybe make mitm and scope out some areas. I can change my week off but she is not sure yet.

Too much to consider. It's getting complicated now.

Just come to Utah, you can always get some more wives.....hehehehe :yah :yah :yah

Mel

Re: Re: Convince me to move west.

"guruatbol" said:
Just come to Utah, you can always get some more wives.....hehehehe :yah :yah :yah

Mel
Who would want more than one?

"RapidRabbit" said:
Who would want more than one?

Just sayin' It is Utah after all.....

Mel

I have not been on here too much the past couple of days, just started a swing shift job :char, but maybe i can help, I lived in Pheonix for a couple years down Camelback Rd., Pheonix has everything you could want as of "City" wise It is very hot there now 110s for weeks now, and yes there is little green. There are some great deals on housing!, but Pheonix has been in trouble for some time, with water shortages,dust storms,pollution. It was? easy to find work..The schools out there are 1/2 as hard to get through as Wisconsin's. My sister just moved here from Pheonix w/ 3 kids because of this reason plus her 10 year old was getting bully'ed by other 10 year old mexican "gang" members!.... just Crazy. I'm glad i grew up in the country

My wife is from Phoenix and her kids and the rest of the family still live there. Since the economy has cratered there are no jobs unless you are in geriatric or emergency room health care. The schools were not great to begin with and have gone downhill ever since, necessitating my daughter paying for the grandkids to go to private schools. When I do the math, cheap housing/ bad schools + tuition = expensive housing/ good schools + no tuition.

That said, other places in AZ are much nicer than Phoenix, especially in the north. The foothill towns of the Sierra Nevada in CA (the "gold rush country" roughly along highway 49) are warm and beautiful too.

I was in California a couple of weeks ago and I am pretty sure you couldn't pay me to live there.

Great weather for baseball but can't say California did much for me outside of that.

I just brought an actor who lives in Hollywood from Vegas to St. George....He saud you dhoulf move to Cali, because you can go over to Venice Beach and get a card that will let you buy legal POT...

Mel

How is vacaville CA?
Any lakes nearby?
we have a store opening there and the houses seemed reasonably priced.

"RapidRabbit" said:
How is vacaville CA?
Any lakes nearby?
we have a store opening there and the houses seemed reasonably priced.

It is East of SF. Not a bad area. I liked it when I was the range safety at the prison up there, but I didn't have to worry about housing.

There is loads to do the people seem to be as nice as any in Cali. You know Cali is like a bowl of granola, what ain't fruits and nuts are flakes.....

My step dad lives there. He manages some apartment up there. The weather is mild, a bit cool in winter, but still mild. It can be a bit warm in the summer.

We had some inmates die due to heat issues and their meds. It caused them to not sweat and when the temp goes over 90 they are supposed to go inside. Anyway, it is very pretty in parts.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
It is East of SF. Not a bad area. I liked it when I was the range safety at the prison up there, but I didn't have to worry about housing.

There is loads to do the people seem to be as nice as any in Cali. You know Cali is like a bowl of granola, what ain't fruits and nuts are flakes.....

My step dad lives there. He manages some apartment up there. The weather is mild, a bit cool in winter, but still mild. It can be a bit warm in the summer.

Mel

What is your opinion of "cool" for winter. I'm use to below zero and and about 100 inches of snow a year.
We want to still be able to boat in the winter.

Thanks Forddude.

That does help. I have weather sites that I have been comparing throughout the year. That one is nice and easy.

It looks a little cool in the winter, but I can live with 60s in the winter. That's still shorts weather here and we even still take out the boat.

Do you really want to consider Vacaville? That's "CowTown" in Spanish...

"Midlife" said:
Oh, hell no.
I have had enough cows for a lifetime in this hick state.

"RapidRabbit" said:
What is your opinion of "cool" for winter. I'm use to below zero and and about 100 inches of snow a year.
We want to still be able to boat in the winter.

Winter daytime temps gets into the 40's & 50's, but can on occasion dip in the 30's just at night due to a blast from Alaska coming down. If you're used to below zero and 100 inches of snow, you'll feel like wearing shorts in January.

Vacaville is approx 30 minutes from Sacramento, maybe 1 hr drive-time from Lake Berryessa (very nice lake with skiing & fishing), approximately 1 hr from Folsom Lake ( very nice), it's just east of Sacramento. Not far from Vacaville is Vallejo (approx 30 minutes) which is on San Francisco Bay.

"Midlife" said:

Vacaville's come a long way, it's basically a commuter suburb of San Francisco and Sacramento, it's almost 1/2 way between the two.

Back