• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Convince me to move west.

You have to remember it is a wet cold, so once you get used to the weather you will likely not take the boat out. But, it is far better than where you are now weather wise. You will see cows on the rolling hills with a slight covering of oak trees.

I do like Vacaville, but because it is part of CA, I could never live there.

Mel

Yeah, I am afraid we will adjust to the weather and suddenly think it's cold.

We were over at the in laws tonight and they are trying to convince us to move to Florida now.
My wife's brother is closing on a house in Orange city this week and her parents just put in an offer on a house there too.

If they move to Florida that eliminates one more thing keeping us in WI

Along with the weather (cold here is NO WHERE near what you consider cold) here you may consider the bug life....or lack of it. Step outside...enjoy a BBQ without the bug zappers all over the place. Misquitos? If your planning a hiking trip in the Sierras you might find some but I can't remember the last time a Misquito or any other bug bothered me when I was outside on my deck....morning til night. This is also evident when driving....a lot less bug suicides on your car.

And if you show up in NorCal....well you have that gang to join. :roll

You will definitely get accustomed to the warmer temps. My older brother (who grew up in pittsburgh) now lives in Los Angeles. Over the spring he was back in town visiting, and It was nice here. You know, those first 60 degree days when everybody comes outside in shorts. Not John. He couldn't stand it, and kept talking about how he doesnt miss the weather here one bit.

The wife and i have been talking about florida for some time, and if all the family wasn't here, i have no doubt we'd be gone already.

"KBMWRS" said:
Along with the weather (cold here is NO WHERE near what you consider cold) here you may consider the bug life....or lack of it. Step outside...enjoy a BBQ without the bug zappers all over the place. Misquitos? If your planning a hiking trip in the Sierras you might find some but I can't remember the last time a Misquito or any other bug bothered me when I was outside on my deck....morning til night. This is also evident when driving....a lot less bug suicides on your car.

And if you show up in NorCal....well you have that gang to join. :roll

Well no bugs sounds pretty good to me. If we are out at night I turn into a mosquito buffet.
You should see the front of my DD. I sometimes cant see the paint on the entire front bumper from all the bugs.

What kind of jump in do I need to join the NorCal gang anyway? :hide

"lethal289" said:
You will definitely get accustomed to the warmer temps. My older brother (who grew up in pittsburgh) now lives in Los Angeles. Over the spring he was back in town visiting, and It was nice here. You know, those first 60 degree days when everybody comes outside in shorts. Not John. He couldn't stand it, and kept talking about how he doesnt miss the weather here one bit.

The wife and i have been talking about florida for some time, and if all the family wasn't here, i have no doubt we'd be gone already.

The parents are the main reason we stayed here so long. We felt bad when we found out we were pregnant just up and moving. Now that Jen's parents are considering moving we don't feel as guilty.

"RapidRabbit" said:
What kind of jump in do I need to join the NorCal gang anyway? :hide

You have to sit on KBMWRS's lap at a Hockey game. Unfortuneately for you this new rule becomes affective the day you move out to NorCal. Meanwhile until that day comes along, the current rule of
being pampered at a local brothel, courtesy of the NorCal gang remains affective for all newcomers.

:bowdown

Re: Convince me to move west.

Well crap. I guess cali is out then. Unless I go south.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

If Vacaville is seriously in the running, you might consider nearby smaller towns. I don't know how housing prices compare. Winters is just a short distance north and is closer to Lake Berryessa. Davis has at least one good school, so I hear...

Frank

How about all you Texas folks?
I have a store opening in Mckinney.
Housing seems awfully low there.
How are the gated communities?
We are seeing a lot of 3000 sq ft houses for around $200,000.

It's not much better here this time of year. 95 degrees and 88 % humidity here today.

It's not much better here this time of year. 95 degrees and 88 % humidity here today.

Throw a dart at a map and move already.....lol

Really, it is a big decision but also, don't break it down to much or you may never find a place good enough. Everyone handles the weather differently. What is great for some is bad for others. I do suggest traveling to the spot you pick just to form your own opinion. Hope your decision works the best for you and the family.

Re: Re: Convince me to move west.

"AzPete" said:
Throw a dart at a map and move already.....lol

Really, it is a big decision but also, don't break it down to much or you may never find a place good enough. Everyone handles the weather differently. What is great for some is bad for others. I do suggest traveling to the spot you pick just to form your own opinion. Hope your decision works the best for you and the family.
Ok , i know I'm getting annoying now. We tried the dart option last night and ended up in Alaska twice.
WTH.

Seriously though thanks for all the input everyone. Now we need to plan a trip to a couple areas and check them out. Mainly tx and CA.
As we have never been there. I am trying to see if my company will fly me out to check out the areas we are interested in.

I will let you know if we need a tour guide. Lol.

You are using to large of a map........and not annoying.....just gotta pull your chain...lol

"RapidRabbit" said:

88% humidity?!? YIKES! I like the single digit or mid teen's humidity that we get here!!

Back