• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gratuitous puppy pics!

"beach pony" said:
Is that an Underdog cape he's wearin?

Why, yes, yes it is :ecit

Actually service dogs in training and graduate service dogs all wear capes while in public. It identifies that they are a working dog. Different types of working dogs have diff types of capes. CCI uses yellow with blue trim for the dogs in training and a blue cape for the graduate dogs. The capes (other than the first puppy cape) all say what organization the dog belongs to. They are required to wear the cape (after 6mths) while working/training in public.

"silverblueBP" said:
Why, yes, yes it is :ecit

Actually service dogs in training and graduate service dogs all wear capes while in public. It identifies that they are a working dog. Different types of working dogs have diff types of capes. CCI uses yellow with blue trim for the dogs in training and a blue cape for the graduate dogs. The capes (other than the first puppy cape) all say what organization the dog belongs to. They are required to wear the cape (after 6mths) while working/training in public.

That's pretty neat Mark! Thanks for the info on service dogs too. I didn't know that.

We took Ansel into Manhattan to my brothers business today, I also got a shameless plug in for ORP :ecit

AnselatBodyFirstSmall.jpg

"silverblueBP" said:
A little over a year has passed since our dog; Jeb died. We finally decided to become volunteer puppy raisers for CCI (Canine Companions for Independence) and try to give back some of the selfless love Jeb provided.. For those that didn't know, Jeb was a facility dog that Deb used in her therapy work with older adults, young kids and those with mental and physical disabilities. Jeb came from CCI in 2000 and was an extraordinary dog that brought a lot of joy to a lot of people.

Anywho, we picked up Ansel today at Kansas City airport after his trip from Columbus, Ohio. We've been on the service end a long time, but this will be the first puppy we've attempted to train in over 10 years. I see visions of sleepless nights in the future....we'll see.

Here's a pic after we got him to the house tonight, a 22 lb play'n machine!

Ansel3192010.jpg

Ansel actually has a Blog - http://anselcci.blogspot.com/ and you can learn more about CCI here - CCI
Mark, I'm sure that you will enjoy being a puppy raiser. I have several friends that raise Leader Dogs for the Blind. One of their biggest hurts is when the dog can't pass their physical to become a working dog.

The caption that came to mind when I saw this one was.................

Listen, do you smell something?

That's a cute puppy, what's with those blue eyes? They are peering into my wicked soul :scar

He hated his first bath but loved the lake last weekend.

[admin]No looking down the GF's shirt either....[/admin]

Can you post a pic of the dog now that you posted the puppies?

Crazy dog, I got off the tractor to take a break from mowing this afternoon and the dog decides he's gonna finish for me :craz

Mowingthegrass.jpg

Here's a pic from last week, weighing in now at 46 lbs, at 6 months old.

New+Cape+2+%28Small%29.jpg

Back