• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Johnny M - E-car build tread

The Mother load has arrived.

Ok Guys, a long overdue update...my parts have finally arrived. It only took about a year and a half. :wtf

24" Griffen alu rad and dual fans, balanced drive shaft, Shelby center console, Custom made ceramic coated exhaust manifolds, Shelby gauges, Shelby mats and many other parts. Time to get this car driving.

IMG_5181_zps18188ad0.jpg

IMG_5182_zpsd402f524.jpg

IMG_5197_zps263effe0.jpg

IMG_5196_zps43a603d8.jpg

IMG_5186_zps63118ec4.jpg

IMG_5183_zpsb227ce92.jpg

IMG_5187_zpsea725680.jpg

Next on the list of things to do.

Roof liner install then glass install
Build custom master brake cylinder bracket.
Get motor running
Build up interior

I sent my vent window frames to England to get rechromed and I nearly fell off my chair when they called me with the price. $280 each. :rant I priced around and there are other places that could do them for slightly less but these places get mixed reviews so i would rather pay that little extra to get the job done right. I should have them back in 4-5 weeks. I looked at Repro's but would rather pay for OEM fitment.

Got myself a nice 3T Alu floorjack...delighted with it
IMG_5188_zpsc7bb1aff.jpg

And just when my weekend was going great i noticed a scratch on the rear DS quater panel...i nearly cried so i have taken some anti-scratch measures until the build is finished.
IMG_5226_zps14860650.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice collection of parts! I've been wondering how the car was coming along. Are those FPA headers?

From all my reading, they fit better than anything else. I'll be ordering a set for my 428CJ when I get ready to drop it in.

Ok...Paddys day update.

So i have been pretty busy and trying to get her driving for the summer..Mounted the heater box but the motor was nasty so took it off,cleaned it down and gave it a fresh coat of paint.

ebebu2u3.jpg

I got the back glass install. Its the original and has some minor marks/scratches but i like it just the way it is.
6yha4e3e.jpg

Then I faced the mother load of ball breakers. I stupidly bought a Unique perfoemance harness after the auction but it came with Zero diagrams/instructions. I spend most of today with a multimeter testing each cable...I have 90% of it figured out.
rame7ehy.jpg

I am working on getting the Alu rad and fans mounted. It is going to be pretty tight against the pulleys but i can cut a little more into the Rad support which should give me about 1" clearance.
ju7u8uza.jpg

e2udepeh.jpg

I am also starting the gauge cluster build.
7ydapuru.jpg

And i got the roof liner installed. Not a bad effort for my first time.
zuzyna9y.jpg

I also placed an order with NPD for all the reamining small items to finish up the interior which should arrive in the next 7-10 days.

Once i have the electrics in place i hope to try and get her making noise.

"RyanG85" said:
From all my reading, they fit better than anything else. I'll be ordering a set for my 428CJ when I get ready to drop it in.

And the headers fit perfect. I would highly recommend FPA. Great to deal with and they really know ford exhausts.

Re: Re: Johnny M - E-car build tread

"Johnny M" said:
And the headers fit perfect. I would highly recommend FPA. Great to deal with and they really know ford exhausts.
Good to hear! I haven't ordered mine yet.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Gauge cluster is coming along nicely. Very delicate work requiring all my patience
6uvu3ena.jpg

"Midlife" said:
Looks very nice! Does patience mean no beer during installation?

No beer full stop. I have been off the beer for 33 days. I went off it for lent.

the up side is that i am getting a lot done on my car.

My heated windscreen arrived today.
rapaqetu.jpg

seresase.jpg

And driving position final check before I sow up the dash.

"stangg" said:
I've never heard of a heated windshield before, are you talking about the blue shade band?

No, it's got heating elements in it like modern screens. Same idea as heated rear screens but much finer wires run through the windscreen which are hardly visible.

"Johnny M" said:
No, it's got heating elements in it like modern screens. Same idea as heated rear screens but much finer wires run through the windscreen which are hardly visible.
Wow. New one to me. I can see that in a daily driver but will you really ever drive your mustang in such conditions that you would need this?

"Horseplay" said:
Wow. New one to me. I can see that in a daily driver but will you really ever drive your mustang in such conditions that you would need this?

Yea...I was just about to buy a standard screen when i came across a company that specializes in glass for vintage cars. They have a heated screen option for an extra $60.

I've driven a few cars with heated screens and it is a very handy feature.

I dont intend to drive my car in wet weather but it is pretty damp and wet here in Ireland. Even doing my best to avoid using it i think it is a feature i will use regularly.

"Johnny M" said:
Yea...I was just about to buy a standard screen when i came across a company that specializes in glass for vintage cars. They have a heated screen option for an extra $60.
I would have thought it would cost mush more than that. For $60 it would be a cool feature to have just to brag about!

"Horseplay" said:
I would have thought it would cost mush more than that. For $60 it would be a cool feature to have just to brag about!

For sure

Now I need to find a switch for it that will suit my car.

"stangg" said:
I've never heard of a heated windshield before, are you talking about the blue shade band?
:stu

That sounds pretty neat. Can you take a close up picture? I can think of more than a few times that would've been handy come back cool cruise night.

Back