• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Official... What Do You Do For A Living Thread

Fst Blk

I notice there are some really intelligent minds here.
Anyhow, got my interest peaked what everyone does for a living.

I'm an Install and Repair Technician for Windstream Communications. Basically a communications tech ranging from phones, broadband, and other communication devices and internet peripherals.
Bill

I own and operate my own repair shop. NYS licensed repair, inspection and sales. One man operation(as in me) for past 11 years. I worked as a tech in a Ford Dealership for 3 years right out of school prior to opening my shop.

IT field technician/nationwide remote support for a fairly large bank.
Can't divulge the name of said bank due to contract compliance.

I am a Technical Service Representative for an aluminum company. Novelis was spun-off in 2005 from Alcan and in 2007 bought by Hindalco. Novelis is the world’s largest producer of rolled aluminum and the global leader in beverage can recycling.
I was hired in 1990 to put together the "pilot line" in the Chicago area. I spent about 9 years there. I spent another 2 in a technical role then came back as a manager for 3 years. I didn't like it so I volunteered to transfer to a rolling mill. I was in a quality control role for 3 years then they created the position I am in now for me. I have been in a customer service roll in some form or another for over 20 years. Mostly dealing with tooling, design and process improvement. I travel the world troubleshooting manufacturing issues and improving our customers efficiencies.
I was a machinist, tool & die maker and a mechanic before this gig. My dad was a gearhead so I grew up with a wrench in my hand.

I'm currently selling millwork and managing all the jobs that run through our shop. Worked on the floor and ran the shop for almost 30 yrs.

My side job is a volunteer puppy raiser for Canine Companions for Independence.

Auto tech. 30 years in June.
Ase master, Toyota master, member of Toyota technician advisory council. Done everything from porter to service director.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I count beans.

Big Beans.....Report to the US Aif Force monthly on two programs...totalling.....$14Bil.

I am a trial lawyer handling medical malpractice, product liability, trucking accidents and construction claims. I am also a swiss trained master watchmaker. I worked through college, law school and my early years of practice as a standup comic.

"ko67" said:
I am a trial lawyer handling medical malpractice, product liability, trucking accidents and construction claims. I am also a swiss trained master watchmaker. I worked through college, law school and my early years of practice as a standup comic.

Even though I knew this info, it's still the weirdest resume I've ever seen!

I work for a small manufacturing company that supplies non-chemical products to the pest control industry, in my off time I'm a kept man of leisure.

What do I do for a living? Breathing, mostly.

Seriously, I am a senior systems engineer for the Navy, working on mine countermeasure systems for helicopters. My current assignment is Failure Analysis of MCM systems: I am essentially a one-man Crime Scene Investigator. It's really interesting stuff, and I love forensics.

My other work is restoring Mustang wiring harnesses. I also have a hobby doing historical research, particularly on the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.

Former Art Director, I created TV commercials and magazine ads for national clients..retired about 12 years ago at a very young age..I was fed up with Madison ave. Got into real estate about 12 years ago and it became a second career, doing quite well.

Contract Designer of Overhead & Underground Powerlines up to 275kV, but mainly Distribution Work for the Utility Company that Supplies Regional Queensland (Ergon Energy). Great work that allows me to travel all over the state with the Princess as my offsider doing fieldwork for 3-4 days (if I want her to come) then I stay at home for the next 2 weeks doing my designs. Been doing this for 29 years now and don't intend to stop except for many holidays - next one is Europe river cruise in 1 month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The book continues......

Grew up as a farmers kid in Iowa.

I did 20 years, 2 months and 2 days in the USAF. The first 10 years, I worked on the complete weapons release systems of all Air Force fighter aircraft, was also trained on all systems (except ejection) of the F-15 so help was available if a crew was short handed. The rest of my career, I cross trained into Training Management.....built training programs for the F-4, F-15 and A-10 fighter aircraft plus trained the instructors that taught the classes to maintenance crews and pilots.

Of course, that does not include 10 years training people to ride motorcycles as a sideline for the Air Force, plus odd ball duties that come with the job of being in the military. Amazing how fast the job can change, especially overseas.

After I retired I decided to put my hobby to work and started designing, building, and repairing gold and silver jewelry for a turquoise shop that dealt world wide.

Did some work helping a friend run a sign and trophy shop and before I stopped working, I sold tires and wheels for a short time.

Now, I do as little as I possibly can.

"AzPete" said:
The book continues......

Grew up as a farmers kid in Iowa.

I did 20 years, 2 months and 2 days in the USAF. The first 10 years, I worked on the complete weapons release systems of all Air Force fighter aircraft, was also trained on all systems (except ejection) of the F-15 so help was available if a crew was short handed. The rest of my career, I cross trained into Training Management.....built training programs for the F-4, F-15 and A-10 fighter aircraft plus trained the instructors that taught the classes to maintenance crews and pilots.

Of course, that does not include 10 years training people to ride motorcycles as a sideline for the Air Force, plus odd ball duties that come with the job of being in the military. Amazing how fast the job can change, especially overseas.

After I retired I decided to put my hobby to work and started designing, building, and repairing gold and silver jewelry for a turquoise shop that dealt world wide.

Did some work helping a friend run a sign and trophy shop and before I stopped working, I sold tires and wheels for a short time.

Now, I do as little as I possibly can.
Thank you for your service.
Bill

I started out as an electronic tech. in the Air Force maintaining the ground nav-aids equipment. Then 15 years of service/install of digital measurement equipment. For the last 20 years I have been working as a UAW auto worker assembling Ford's E-series vans. The last 7 years of which and so far have been sitting on my arse driving a fork lift. I have 5 more years to go til I retire out and enjoy driving the mustang.

Back