• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Official... What Do You Do For A Living Thread

I do Environmental, Safety and Health for a medium sized chemical company. If you drink Bud from a can, we make the forming lube for the cans, and the FDA approved cleaner to wash them before filling. Also the DEET mosquito repellent, and many personal care ingredients (shampoos, bath bars, cosmetics, etc).

32 years with Chevron in Finance. Now working on my Mustangs and with the Lions Club International.

I work for a small (~35 people) manufacturing company... Title is VP of Operations, but I basically do anything that isn't Sales or Accounting. I handle all of the purchasing (several mil$), inventory, and production scheduling functions, along with most of the personnel stuff, since 25 of the employees report to me. Throw in all the OSHA, safety, EPA, and even fire & insurance inspections. Lots of hats...

We do a lot of small aluminum & steel fabrication. Several CNC machining centers, welding, stamping, etc.. What do we make??? If your dog or cat has a Rabies tag on it's collar - probably ours, along with LOTS of other cool stuff like castrating tools, branding irons, tattooing equipment, calf-pullers, and lots of other veterinary and livestock tools. We are one of the LAST American manufacturers ...

Boy do I feel like a simpleton after the above resume's--I started working on my uncles farm on weekends and through the summer months starting at 12, I was driving a grain truck to the elevator in the tiny town of Maquon at 13 for him. My junior year of high school (1973)I started at the local Ford dealership 1-5 daily and half day saturdays, after graduation I went full time there, did some wrenching but mostly prep new and used cars--in a small dealership that was everything from checking in new cars off the transport to patching Illinois rust and painting the used cars and everything in between. The place closed in 91--(I also subbed a rural mail route 2-3 weeks a year while there)--did maintenance at a walmart 3rd shift from 91-93 so I could also do the mail route when needed, I then went to work driving a concrete truck in 93 till last year when I crashed and burned one--probably go back in a month or so---I was told by my high school counselor I was a classic slacker, I had the oppurtunity to go to college but I was too smart for that--I had the world by the short hairs, I was 19 and moved in with a hot 31 year old gal that owned a bar--that is a whole nother chapter, I have never had lots of money but I have never been broke or had to beg anyone, I am not sure I would change a whole lot if I could go back in time, got a good wife and sweet grandaughter living with me and I have been fishing twice in the last week and I am going early in the morning--the quiet life is not all that bad!

Currently retired. I taught Electronics and Computer Technology to high school juniors and seniors for 28 years. Prior to that I was a radio broadcast engineer (still hold my FCC license) and did a 2 year spell in the Army.

I'm a claims manager in the material damage (automobile) department of a major insurance company. Prior, I've worked as a private investigator and a stint in federal law enforcement.
---
Thanks to those who serve(d) in the military.

I work as a Special Investigator for an insurance company and also coordinate multiple Bait Car Programs between us and various Nor Cal law enforcement agencies.

For the past 13 years served in law enforcement, two as a fed. agent, one as a fed cop, and currently 10 and counting as local PD. Prior to that served 15 years as an aviation electrician and helicopter crewman in the USCG. Started out as a Ford/BMW/Delorean dealership mechanic, then moved to a Buick/AMC/Renault dealership for 2 years until it the industry took a downturn, which led to the military. While serving in the military also worked P/T at a fiberglass manufacturer building boats and assorted glass projects, as well as counter sales for a nationwide auto parts company. While waiting for my job offer from fed LE after separating from the military, worked for the same company as a sales manager.

Well, I am Al Bundy. Figured I would say before the peanut gallery does.

I have been in retail management for almost 20 years. Currently a store manager for a national shoe retailer for the past 12 years.

Over the years I have sold electronics, sun glasses and even ran a movie theater.

The last 25 years I worked as a Mercedes-Benz car diagnostics technician.
If its a merc and it has problems ......Its for me .
Before those 25 years , I was ,for 9 years, a man with 12 jobs and 13 accidents.Till I found an interesting job . :roll :roll

I'm a production Manager for the 4th largest concrete producer in the country. I've been in the concrete business 28 years and counting. It's been good to me, no complaints here!

"beach pony" said:
I'm a production Manager for the 4th largest concrete producer in the country. I've been in the concrete business 28 years and counting. It's been good to me, no complaints here!

So, where is Jimmy REALLY buried?

I have started and owned several small businesses. Now I'm somewhat retired and dabble in rental properties. My younger and dumber years were spent in enforcement and security.

Back