• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Official... What Do You Do For A Living Thread

This is one of the most interesting non mustang threads in a while. I never dreamed we had such a varied group.

I am an electronics engineer and have worked my entire career since graduating from Cal Stat University Northridge for hughes Aircraft Company / Raytheon. I hired in in Jan 1985.

I work on weapons systems. Specifically, radar sets and specialize in integration and test, specifically flight test and demonstrations (specializing in coming up with ingenious ways to demonstrate something in very short times)

I worked for about 15 years on the AWG-9 and APG-71 radar sets that were used on the F-14A and F-14D, respectively. When the US Government took those toys away, I migrated to APG-79 (F/A-18 E, F and EA-18G), APQ-181 (B-2) and some other models I can't talk about.

I am nicely compensated to chase choir boys around and around the local church only to catch them by the organ.

SmartAss.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for a plumbing contractor. I wear many hats, but mostly a crew leader. Primarily in new construction, we do large (really large) residential homes. The last one completed was an 18000 square foot house with 6 bedrooms 3 full kitchens and 11 bathrooms including mens and womens locker room and a full hair salon. There was over 12000 feet of pipe installed in this home.

"cmayna" said:
I am nicely compensated to chase choir boys around and around the local church only to catch them by the organ.

SmartAss.jpg
Craig is a Catholic priest ?

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a close up of that belt buckle, and please, not those legs.

I am a Facilities Manager at a Business Management firm. We basically handle all the financial concerns of actors, producers, directors, writers and musicians. We also handle tour accounting when those clients go on the road. We have some huge clients and some small ones. Some from the 70's and some new to the scene. Most of them never set foot in our office...LOL.

Oh, and I dabble in scribbles on paper too.

I am another with a varied career. I started out repairing and building guitars at a shop in MD. After that, I worked at Polk Audio in Baltimore as a buyer, then in product development and as a project manager.

When I moved to Chicago, I got into ERP software implementation for manufacturing firms. My move to Sacramento got me into the public sector, doing a lot of contract-based business analysis work.

I've recently started a full-time job with a large ERP software company as a remote project manager for client implementation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

During the day, I am a Land Surveyor for the DOT.
Nights and weekends I am a landlord specialized in renting and repairing old mobile homes.

I opened a Bar & Grill in 2003 as a side gig, from day one it has been extremely successful.

Sticky Fingers Bar & Grill, with award winning Ribs & Wings, live bands every Friday & Saturday nights, mainly Blues Bands, Jam nights on Tuesdays, 18 beers on tap.

www.stickyfingers.ca

"Caver 66" said:
During the day, I am a Land Surveyor for the DOT.
Nights and weekends I am a landlord specialized in renting and repairing old mobile homes.
We should have a yarn
I have just taken the jump into the 20th century and replaced my Sokkisha Total Station with a Leica900 RTK Base and Rover.
5 years old but still 10k in OZ
Should pay for itself fairly quickly.
While you are renovating your Mobile homes, if you find a cheap 5th Wheeler in perfect condition, i will take it off your hands.
Far too dear to buy in OZ.
If i import one i just have to rewire it to 240V and fit a door on OUR kerb side.

Did machine maintanice when I lived in Philly. Moved up here when the company went out of bussiness and married my wife. Worked at numorous places until settleing in at a small alumunum foundry where I did everything from casting to welding to polishing. Small 12 man shop where no matter what you did you pictched in. Left there in 08 when the new owners kids brought in all their friends and family and it went to "Do you know who I'm related/friends with/too.". Left there and went to work the local coal plant where I was taken out on a stretcher after a week when I suffered the stroke. Am now arguing with the one doctor to clear me to go back to work. Neosurgeon and Cardiolgist cleared 2 years ago. Endocrinologist keeps with the excuses that the thryroid hasn't shrunk enough. After 3 1/2 years it's time. I looking at new drs now. I will have to find another job but thats half the battle.

I've been in the IT business most of my carrer. From my Bio:

Mark brings over 18 years experience in technology, project management, customer service, management and team leadership building. He has also served in principal positions in start-up ventures and small business both as an owner and adviser.

After 18 years Iam a little burnt out on IT.

I recently began a second carrer. My entire family is in Real-estate - so recently decided to join the family business, as a Texas Realtor. Beside Cruisercrap.com, real-estate is going to be my main focus.

-Mark

Back