• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pandemic Quarantine Projects Thread

Before I ended up the final torque this happend.....AAAARRRRHHHHHH :mad::mad::mad::mad:

thumbnail_20200505_081659.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_20200505_081706.jpg
    thumbnail_20200505_081706.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 20
  • thumbnail_20200505_081905.jpg
    thumbnail_20200505_081905.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 19
Nothing a little JB Weld can't fix. The intake can be secure and leak-proof without that bolt, honestly, provided you tossed the cork end seals and use a nice thick bead of a good silicone sealant. Different story up front with the water passages.

The office looks nice. Its always pleasant to not have scuff marks and random screw/pin holes all over your walls.

Been working on the Iroc still here. Had some growing pains getting the pedal assembly in and wired. The brakes took forever to bleed, but they're done. Just buttoning up some minor stuff. Hope to have this done today before it snowballs again.

Bummer, there is always something. You shoulld of tossed a tool and done some damage to be in the running for the Dang It Award.

I've been on a rolling furlough and working from home since the first week of Mar. Our Engineering facility is closed until June 1. I was working one week on and one week off. I worked last week and this week and then will have 2 weeks off. So far I've cleaned out and organized 2 garages and was able to fit a '70 Cougar project I bought recently in one of them. Clay barred 4 cars and have 2 of them waxed and detailed, need to finish the other 2. Cleaned and organized the basement. 2 trips to the dump. Just bought most everything to completely remodel our upstairs bathroom, that is next weeks project, and then need to refresh our main floor bathroom. Getting a lot done...but my back is giving me fits...cougar.jpg

Started the car up and it ran like crap. We knew the plug wires were kinda lame looking so we started there. Sure enough 3 cylinders on the passenger side weren't firing properly.

Luckily I had planned to eventually get to this so I already had plug wires. Trimmed them to fit and the car fired up and idled beautifully (well, ok...decently)

I still want to tape evertlything off and scuff/prime/paint the engine bay. But here's a before/current of the engine bay.

20200505_165950.jpg

Now what?
I've replaced the wiper motor and switch in the 67. I adjusted the rear brakes. Built a new fence and gate. Got a new battery for the BMW. Ran a sickly Honda lawn mower and tried a quick fix. Bought and have used a new electric lawn mower. Set new rocks as accent around the house. Discovered moving rocks that my wheel barrow was rotting away. Bought new handles for it and took it apart and repainted it. Walked the dog almost daily. Replaced the front wheel well trim on the 67...damaged it on last drive.

Now what?

How about you pick up a project car and do a garage restoration yourself? Lots of fun while you learn new stuff.

You could go and get a job, a real job---like flipping burgers or delivering groceries to those who can't go out and shop.

I finally got around to to finishing my daughter's closet. I hate wire shelving.

Now it matches our closet except hers is white.

It was the perfect time to weed out some of her clothes that she had outgrown too.
250403cb3fbf35ee3fac1bd711530ce2.jpg
b80b968999ab0cef8537d2e8b224fca7.jpg

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I just told Julie that I wanted on of those, I want to try and make a coupe out of it.

I bought extra pieces online so I could take the GT stripes off of it and remove the hood scoop. I also made a stick shift with white Hurst ball. Added more wires under the hood and painted them as mine are.

Back