• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

I think I would like to swap the 8.8 for it if you do. Whether or not I use it in the race car I'm not sure but I don't need the 8.8 and this may come in handy for many things!

somewhere we started a thread on all the differences for each year/generation. I can add another difference for the 67/68's. The 68 AC dash part won't fit a 67 dash. The hole is not big enough to clear the spring mounting for the detachable vent. If somebody has a 67 AC vent for the passenger side and wants to trade let me know. I'm not cutting up this dash!

"tarafied1" said:
I think I would like to swap the 8.8 for it if you do. Whether or not I use it in the race car I'm not sure but I don't need the 8.8 and this may come in handy for many things!

sounds good to me. :thu (had to try one of the new smileys!)

yeah, those will work!!! thanks. I haven't worried too much about looking for that yet. Cheaper than I thought!!!

I can't remember for Fords, but on the GM stuff you can sometimes find another stock converter that has the right specs and will fit your app.

Maybe there is one that you can find at a yard for cheap from another app that will give you the performance you want.

Anyone know if it works for fords too?

Mel

You'll not find a 4500 stall in a stock application. Probably the best you'll do is a 2200. Also, stalls flash differently with different engine combos.
Bill

"67 Fastback" said:
You'll not find a 4500 stall in a stock application. Probably the best you'll do is a 2200. Also, stalls flash differently with different engine combos.
Bill
explain please! It's not going to be stock. I'm sure I'll have to have one "built" which is why it will be really expensive!

"tarafied1" said:
explain please! It's not going to be stock. I'm sure I'll have to have one "built" which is why it will be really expensive!

I don't understand it enough to explain :shrug
Bill

Not to promote another board but i'd keep an eye on corral dot net for a torque conv. if you want a high stall one, someones always selling something on there. I search the drivetrain forum for converter, convertor, 4R70... I lost track of what trans you are actually going to use.....
here's one on there now:
*Art Carr super torque 10" 3400rpm Stall Converter (non-lockup)$400 ALL PARTS HAVE 0 MILES ON THEM!!! "
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1263530
I know it's not the >4Krpm you're looking for but there will be more.

This one sold already but you get the idea:
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1249661&highlight=convertor

I'm going to be installing almost the same summit harmonic that was posted, cost $85. I went with the TCI flywheel, it's $140 now for the 28oz., don't remember it being that much when I bought it >a yr. ago? My stall will only be 2200-2800 so that'll give me a nice cushion full of excuses when you blow by me...
At least those AC vents will slow you down a bit, I'll look in my stash to see if I have any extra pass. side ones.

Jon

"Jonk67" said:
At least those AC vents will slow you down a bit, I'll look in my stash to see if I have any extra pass. side ones.

Jon
they are just what I have. Thought it might be cool to put a gauge in the drivers side vent...
If you have an extra 67 right side that would be cool but I guess I don't have to use one on that side. I have been hanging on to these for years and years. Thought it might be time to use 'em. Bummer the right one won't fit!

Thanks for the ideas/leads on the other site. When I get that far, the real money will be spent on engine and drive train!

Back