• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

Well, I got the cabinet box in and the top glued up. Next the top and then I will attempt to post a couple pics.

I will likely build the towers and bridge before the doors on the lower. It looks pretty good!

Not my worst work.

Mel

I didn't do this "today" and posted some pics earlier somewhere but since the thread is started I will document here
Kitchen/Dining room update. Took out part of the wall, faux painted the counters to look like marble and added a breakfast bar
Kitchen in 2004 when we bought the house
394723_3704169048401_240730589_n.jpg

Kitchen after remodel
index.php

jubysuhu.jpg

Installed it didn'tfall down!!! :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here is what I got done today.

I got the before and after pics of the entertainment center I am doing. I have the lower cabinet done, just need the towers, bridge and doors. I am so glad I have a four day weekend....I may get is mostly done.

The other thing was I installed a glass shower door in our 4'x7' walk in shower. It is too cold to take a shower without some sort of door. We have been using a shower curtain. I am so excited to take a shower and see what the difference is. It certainly looks better!

Mel

"DEL65" said:
Nice work, looks like your toilet is also in the shower. Now that's an idea.

The toilet is next to the shower in it's own room. I think what you see is our old fogie shower chair for when we are healing up after surgery!

Thanks,

Mel

Just finished this dude the day before thanksgiving, then worked on it a couple more days after that. Just finished loading it with books Monday night. It's all birch plywood and poplar board. Drew it in illustrator then mapped out all the cuts. Bro in law helped rip the sheets and assemble. My first cabinet attempt. The floating raised panel doors were a bit of a struggle but once I experimented a bit and discovered there was no magic involved they almost fell together.

Also in the last couple of months I've redone the master bath, Tiled the entire downstairs, hardwood stairs, carpet upstairs, made the boss a shoe rack for her new poo palace, had the driveway mud jacked, filled and remulched the whole yard, framed in the bathroom mirrors and some other shit.

For the 2 or 3 of you that may have noticed my absence, there's your explanation.

I'll post more pics later.

Damn Sluggo! Very nice.

I've been wanting to do something similar in my office for years now. Seems you have it all figured out so I'll just e-mail you some plan dimensions and cash. How soon do you think you could finish it up?

"Horseplay" said:
Damn Sluggo! Very nice.

I've been wanting to do something similar in my office for years now. Seems you have it all figured out so I'll just e-mail you some plan dimensions and cash. How soon do you think you could finish it up?

Had it on the list since we bought the house ten years ago. It's not that complex. Two 54 inch cabinets on the bottom with the center spanned by a desktop and face plate. The upper is two 54 inch bookcases with a single 35 in shelf as a center span. The arches were all cut with a jigsaw using the full scale valance cut out in vinyl on the plotter and applied to the part of the valance being cut off. Once cut, I sanded them with 80 and 180 stik-it sandpaper on the rounded side of an old school sanding block. The valance is one piece of 1x12 143 inches long.

I could draw it full scale, make a cut list and sheet layout for you but you're on your own after that.

Here's some pics of the poo palace. Since these pics we have changed the door knobs to oil rubbed bronze lever type handles, added curtains and rugs. I also did some scroll work in vinyl on the mirror frames.

Apparently, I get to work on this when I get home this evening.......

"70_Fastback" said:
I installed a new shower head. Turned out pretty nice.
y5ezeteb.jpg

Ah goin' all fancy with the chrome hose cover...mine has the green rubber hose look.

I guess I'll resurrect this topic, since I was the reason for its creation. I double-strapped my water heater today, it needed to be done to pass inspection:

index.php

It only had the single strap held in place by drywall screws:

index.php

Tight quarters made it tough to get the lag bolts installed.

Frank

Hey Frank,
Your dryer vent can double as an car exhaust vent...then you can have your engine running in the garage. :roll

Back