• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

what just grinds your gears?

"nymustang" said:
Calling customer service and getting NO option to talk to a human being.

Usually, if you don't push any buttons at all they'll assume you have a rotary phone (remember those?) and you'll get put through to a real person.

Frank

"FordDude" said:
Rude smokers who think that the planet is their ashtray. You have one in your car use it. If you are outside find a trash can, if you cannot find one field strip it and put the butt in your pocket. Yes I know that it is your God given right as an American to smoke, fine kill yourself, I just do not want to smell it. fd

I've actually seen people dump their full ashtray out the window.

Frank

Obesity. I do not mean fat people, I mean obese. Like some of the lovely ladies that Dave has been so kind to share with us. If you are a hard working person and doing your job causes you to burn calories then go ahead and supersize that meal. If you are flying a desk and the most walking that you do all day is from the parking lot to your desk then think about that bag of candy you have in the drawer. Going back to supersizing; we have become way to dependent on takeout/fastfood. Learn to cook healthy stuff for yourself. Pack your lunch. I hate the word diet, it should be more of a lifestyle choice not to eat so much you feel as if your are going to explode. Is being a little hungry a bad thing? Yes I know that genetics plays a big part of it, luck of the draw and all of that bs. The human body is a machine and needs to be run, not just idle all of the time. We live in America so we cannot force anyone to be healthy. But why not reward those that are. I could probably go on even longer, but I will stop for now. fd

FD for eating Czar!

just kidding about the czar thing Steve :ep but I think he hit the nail with this one :vic

"FordDude" said:
Rude smokers who think that the planet is their ashtray. You have one in your car use it. If you are outside find a trash can, if you cannot find one field strip it and put the butt in your pocket. Yes I know that it is your God given right as an American to smoke, fine kill yourself, I just do not want to smell it. fd

Obesity. I do not mean fat people, I mean obese. Like some of the lovely ladies that Dave has been so kind to share with us. If you are a hard working person and doing your job causes you to burn calories then go ahead and supersize that meal. If you are flying a desk and the most walking that you do all day is from the parking lot to your desk then think about that bag of candy you have in the drawer. Going back to supersizing; we have become way to dependent on takeout/fastfood. Learn to cook healthy stuff for yourself. Pack your lunch. I hate the word diet, it should be more of a lifestyle choice not to eat so much you feel as if your are going to explode. Is being a little hungry a bad thing? Yes I know that genetics plays a big part of it, luck of the draw and all of that bs. The human body is a machine and needs to be run, not just idle all of the time. We live in America so we cannot force anyone to be healthy. But why not reward those that are. I could probably go on even longer, but I will stop for now. fd

Please come to MBIII this year?

Steve, me and the other fat guys can sit on your healthy ass while we "burn one", blow smoke in your face and tip our ashes in your belly button.

C'mon, it'll be fun!

Okay, on a serious note.... why is it that non-smokers feel that the clean air is "theirs". Here's a pointer.... if my smoke is bothering you, fine, leave the area. There's more air, go for a hike out in the woods somewhere.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
I'm obese.

Just sayin'

I saw the video that you made getting your Mustang running again. You are not obese. My SWMBO is obese. fd

People who leave shopping carts in the middle of parking spots and don't rack them. :po Even worse are obese smokers who think the world is their ashtray and don't rack their shopping carts! :rp :rp

"FordDude" said:
I saw the video that you made getting your Mustang running again. You are not obese. My SWMBO is obese. fd

Technically I am Class 1 Obese. I have a BMI of 34 and obesity is 30 and above.

BUT I have lost 75lbs in the past year or so. Well, I lost 75 lbs in 6 months, then had 6 months of enjoying my success. But after this past weekend (Wife's Birthday...had to celebrate) it's back on the hard-and fast track.

"AtlantaSteve" said:
Technically I am Class 1 Obese. I have a BMI of 34 and obesity is 30 and above.

BUT I have lost 75lbs in the past year or so. Well, I lost 75 lbs in 6 months, then had 6 months of enjoying my success. But after this past weekend (Wife's Birthday...had to celebrate) it's back on the hard-and fast track.

Good job with the weight loss steve. So share with us how your doing it.

Weight Watchers...Basically, it's just about keeping record of what you eat, and knowing where the limit is. Any calorie counting method would work. Once I get the hang of it it's second nature. I can tell if I've had too much bad stuff in the same day, and cut down. I'm also going to work out a couple times a week. Need to step that up, but I have ALWAYS hated it...I've been going to the Y a couple to a few times a week, and have hated every damn second of it.

When Alton Brown releases his weight loss plan book, I'll give it a try.

"DB65" said:
People who leave shopping carts in the middle of parking spots and don't rack them.

When I take my 07 to Costco I always park way out there. Well one day I was not out there far enough because a cart rolled into my 07 and left a nice ding in the rear wheel well. :rp Some lazy sob could not put the cart in a stall, and they have plenty of them, it rolled down a slight hill pushed by the winds. My daughter quickly learned not to complain where I park the 07. She did once and I parked even further away. :wm? fd

"70_Fastback" said:
Not speaking English in America.

Since Ireland became more "modern" we have had a huge influx of "benefit tourists".....They sit on their asses all day, pop out 50 kids and milk the gov. for benefits. No doubt 1 or 2 of them have a genuine case but I would throw them all out of the country straight away. Especially the ones that cant speak English. There should be a list of basic requirements before you are granted asylum in this country...Being able to speak English would be right there on the top.

When you go to a hospital in England the signs in the corridors are in about 12 languages. That drives me mad...Its England!!!! SPEAK FUCKIN ENGLISH. I hope this never happens in Ireland.

Another thing that grinds me to no end is how this government just seems to spend its time looking for way to take hard earned money off you in the form of taxes.

If you need it you are guaranteed to be taxed heavily on it. Fuel, clothes, houses, etc And they get surprised when we spend all our time looking for ways to avoid paying taxes.

"Johnny M" said:
When you go to a hospital in England the signs in the corridors are in about 12 languages. That drives me mad...Its England!!!! SPEAK FUCKIN ENGLISH. I hope this never happens in Ireland.

My wife's family is from Central America. Her mother and grandmother now live in america, but came from Honduras. They neither spoke English when they got here, but worked as hard as they could to learn it. Both are now US Citizens, which requires basic English competency.

My wife's Grandma still has a hard time with the language, because learning a language when you're older is WAAAYYYYY harder, especially if you've never learned a new language until you get older, but she still tries. I usually just speak to her in Spanish, and she speaks to me in English...

Having so much family who came to this country from somewhere else, who came here without the English skillz, I have a hard time saying they don't belong here til they learn the language. Had that been the case, they probably never would have come, and they are good people, who are productive, tax paying, voting, US Citizens.

People who show up late for appointments, dates, etc and never say sorry! I not talking minuets, I am talking hours.

Banks who want to pay you less than 1% for you money but give the execs millions in bonus. :po

And do not get me started on taxees :rp

"Johnny M" said:
Since Ireland became more "modern" we have had a huge influx of "benefit tourists".....They sit on their asses all day, pop out 50 kids and milk the gov. for benefits. No doubt 1 or 2 of them have a genuine case but I would throw them all out of the country straight away. Especially the ones that cant speak English. There should be a list of basic requirements before you are granted asylum in this country...Being able to speak English would be right there on the top.

Another thing that grinds me to no end is how this government just seems to spend its time looking for way to take hard earned money off you in the form of taxes.

If you need it you are guaranteed to be taxed heavily on it. Fuel, clothes, houses, etc And they get surprised when we spend all our time looking for ways to avoid paying taxes.

Sound increasingly like the good ol USA.

Last time I got in a street fight was a good number of years ago. However, I was down town working a festival as a volunteer kind of thing and there was some Mexican dude loudly going on and on about how "this used to be Mexico until the white folks "stole it" and Mexico should take it back, blah, blah, blah..." After about five minutes of him running his pie hole I got sick of listening to him and said something to the effect of "if Mexico is so fucking great, why don't you swim your ass back across the river because no one asked you to swim it to come here and no one is begging your ass to stay here." Needless to say he didn't take too kindly to that comment. Unfortunately, the security cops stepped in before I could really stomp his ass into the dirt.

Right now is planning my wedding.... :rp :rp :rp :rp

We had planned a ceremony and reception at a beautiful hotel. Now hotel has been bought and now doesn't have a liquor license. So we have to move the reception to another place. What the fuck!!!!! Seriously how the fuck did you not have a liquor license. Come they have a bar in there and since they have to wait 3 months to get another license. BULL SHIT!!!!

Now I have my fiance' crying her eyes out and now we are in the hunt again for another venue. WTF!!!!

I am just venting here then blowing up at the hotel when we go meet with the coordinator. Seriously no liquor license!!!!!

I just found out ten minutes ago.

keep thinking to myself it will be all right.

Thanks for listening

Seriously no liquor license!!!!!

There are usually ways around the liquor license.....

The new hotel owners do not have a license to sell alcohol. Understood. Can a catering company type outfit with a liquor license be called in to support a bar for the event? They operate/exist all of the time. If the reception were at the beach or in a park somewhere.... a company would have to have a license/permit to sell alcohol there as well. I'd look into it before I started looking to change the venue.

Back