• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Fantasy Football?

Dale, any info on how the draft works? Since I skipped the draft last year, I'm kind of at a loss..... Hoping to be able to jump online from Jess's parent house to do the draft.

Welcome to hell, Dave. I am going to enjoy this season as we'll all get a little smacked!

"Fast68back" said:
Dale, any info on how the draft works? Since I skipped the draft last year, I'm kind of at a loss..... Hoping to be able to jump online from Jess's parent house to do the draft.
An hour before the draft kicks off, we will all be randomly assigned a position in the draft order. Whoever gets number one picks first, then number two and so on until everyone makes their first round pick. This is a "snake draft" so number 10 gets to make the first pick in round two, right after making the last pick in round one for back-to-back picks. Followed by number nine and so on. Round three see the person who drew number one position making the first pick again and on though to number ten. So the guy with the very first pick in the draft picks the last pick in round two and the first in round three. And this all repeats over and over, round after round until the end of the draft.

You can pick any player at any time in the draft, provided they have not already been claimed. You must pick the following;

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 Flex (either another RB or WR)
1 TE
1 Kicker
1 Team Defense

the rest of your roster slots can be made up of any player/positions you desire

During the draft, the screen you see lists all the available players and ranks them by "value" as far as how the experts view their scoring potential. You can sort by positions, teams...just about anyway you want. Click on their name, click draft and you got 'em. You get, I believe, 90 seconds to make each pick. Plenty of time to see who is left at a certain position etc. At any time (or if you don't make the draft) the system will auto-pick for you (if you tell it to) taking the highest ranked player at each pick in the draft.

"Horseplay" said:
An hour before the draft kicks off, we will all be randomly assigned a position in the draft order. Whoever gets number one picks first, then number two and so on until everyone makes their first round pick. This is a "snake draft" so number 10 gets to make the first pick in round two, right after making the last pick in round one for back-to-back picks. Followed by number nine and so on. Round three see the person who drew number one position making the first pick again and on though to number ten. So the guy with the very first pick in the draft picks the last pick in round two and the first in round three. And this all repeats over and over, round after round until the end of the draft.

OMG, had I know it was THAT exciting, I might have joined in.

"70 StangMan" said:
Yea... you were excluded by the "No :censored's allowed" policy.

Maybe the sarcasm didn't quite come through.

"Fast68back" said:
We were all gonna go to the track Sat instead, but its supposed to rain.......

Good thing, I'll already be in the boat!

"70 StangMan" said:
...on the trailer at the house making Vroom Vroom noises like I do with my car." :steer

Nope, the boat sees way more time on the water than the car does the track! The only thing that stops the boating is higher winds (above 15mph). The lake gets too choppy from then on to ski. It's very rare to be less than 10mph.

"silverblueBP" said:
The only thing that stops the boating is higher winds (above 15mph). The lake gets too choppy from then on to ski. It's very rare to be less than 10mph.
Sounds like you've found your mph comfort zone.

OK, I give up. Who is Enzo Lizzo? Outside of Steve, he is the only newbie playing this season. Identify yourself, please. I have a need to know who I will be destroying opening day! :peter

"Horseplay" said:
OK, I give up. Who is Enzo Lizzo? Outside of Steve, he is the only newbie playing this season. Identify yourself, please. I have a need to know who I will be destroying opening day! :peter
Actually he is a friend of mine/neighbor. I invited him in when it looked like we were not going to fill the league up. By the way he is a rabid football fan.

"70 StangMan" said:
Actually he is a friend of mine/neighbor. I invited him in when it looked like we were not going to fill the league up. By the way he is a rabid football fan.
Are you implying he might be a "ringer"? Bring it, baby! :nut I am so pumped to get this thing rolling. My only complaint is that we only have 1 hour pre-draft to know the draft order. Is that pretty standard? Kinda forces you to have a whole lot of different strategies mapped out. Or you could just not show up... :roll

I have a couples golf outing with my wife I will be at sso I pre ranked my draft and wwill amend as needed. :roul

Picks are made. Some of you did auto pick n chose the lower road. Let the season begin!

Back