• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

:hom
'Shifter linkage rod -JonK Smyrna TN -forgot to pick up- next time'

I forgot to pull it loose, wanted to do it with you there so you could get any clips, kickdown cable, etc. you may need, it is still connected to the C4 sitting behind the shed with the 'shhhhh' half-a-car I meant to show you before you headed out. We would have tripped on the C4 to look at the trailer....
I'm sure I'll find more stuff and we can always do a meet in the middle if necessary.
Jon

that's okay. Sorry I was in a hurry. the SWMBO was hoping to meet at 5pm, I made it by 5:23....
sorry about yelling across your yard "So the half a Mustang is back here" or something like that! That could have been trouble! :beat

"tarafied1" said:
that's okay. Sorry I was in a hurry. the SWMBO was hoping to meet at 5pm, I made it by 5:23....
sorry about yelling across your yard "So the half a Mustang is back here" or something like that! That could have been trouble! :beat

That's ok, she wouldn't have known what you were talking about and if she asked I would have said 'I don't know what he's talking about honey, he IS from Ky you know, they're half crazy up there...'
Sorry I made you late for SWMBO, you can pin that one on me.
Jon

no problem, I was taking her out for dinner so she was just glad she didn't have to cook. She should know better anyway, I was at an 1)ALL Ford show at a 2)racetrack and then 3)rummaging thru Mustang parts, she's lucky I showed up at all!!!

Bumfuct Egypt.......

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

"tarafied1" said:
good point, I could bracket race with a PT Cruiser :scar JK, Mark you are so right. But I do want to be fast too! I'm hoping to get mid 7's (eventually)

I assume you will be racing the 1/8th mile then?

We used to drag race 1/8th mile also - and we ran 6.??:1 gears - I want to say 6.30 or something like that. Just FYI.

"silverblueBP" said:
Bumfuct Egypt.......

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Yeah, Sluggo had that down on his list so I used it too.
"fordrule" said:
pm sent on the 9in
Thanks, got it.

and yes J, it will be an 1/8 mile car to start off with. Clarksville Speedway's track is only an 1/8 mile and they run some bracket 1/8 at Beach Bend also even though it is a 1/4 mile track.
WOW, 6.30:1! Well I may have to run that low too. I'm picking up the 5.0 short block this Friday in Ft Wayne, IN. He has agreed to meet me there. I'll start off with it while I build up the 351W. I'm being told the 5.0 is not enough to get into mid 7's with a 3,000 lbs car so I may be around mid 8's to 9's initially. I am not running a full interior, window regulators, heater, wipers, etc. but I will have sub-frame connectors and a 4 point roll bar in a full steel body so I figure it will still be around 3,000 lbs. We will see!

Life has been crazy the last few days so sorry to be slow on this.

PM me your address and I'll try to get the radiator sent out in the next day or two.

Craig, I found a set of C4 transmission lines, do you want them?

Is this stang going to be streetable, ie have things like brake lights?

"janschutz" said:

yes, I'll take them.
I'm not what the rules are on brake lights but my intention was to have them hooked up and working. Hopefully for the PT cruisers too see...

"tarafied1" said:
yes, I'll take them.
I'm not what the rules are on brake lights but my intention was to have them hooked up and working. Hopefully for the PT cruisers too see...
I will start a new craig box

Posted by: janschutz
Insert Quote

If it's difficult to ship the trans lines I'm pretty sure I have my originals hanging from the rafters in my shed still, kept them to use as a template.
Craig, if you get a chance keep a JonK list of what we need to pic next time we meet like the shifter linkage, trans lines, etc., I'll start one too in case we don't match on items needed.

Just remembered, I have new MOOG LCA that Steve SellersRodShop modded for me so I'll be removing my 1yr. old repops. They are in perfect shape, just need the bushing tacked so they don't slide in their mount so if you need LCA you can have those.
Jon

"Jonk67" said:
If it's difficult to ship the trans lines I'm pretty sure I have my originals hanging from the rafters in my shed still, kept them to use as a template.

I can also send them with 302 I sending to fordrule

Back