• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

Jon & John,
Thanks. Yeah I will update the list. I should have taken more time at your house (both of you actually). Anyway, thanks!

Well, I got home from Ft Wayne with the 5.0 94 Cobra short block, 8.8 rear and 4 totes of stuff for a 94 Cobra and Fox body Mustang. Traded two RC monster trucks for all this stuff! He even threw in the engine stand! I got all the 94 EFI stuff and some 85 GT parts (distributor, alt, pulleys, etc.) Short block has E303 roller cam, high flow oil pump, high flow water pump, underdrive pulleys, injectors, and boxes of stuff I don't even know what all I got!
72_24_09_10_7_19_14_4.jpg

72_24_09_10_7_19_14_3.jpg

72_24_09_10_7_19_13_2.jpg

72_24_09_10_7_19_12_1.jpg

I also had two packages waiting. One from ZForce (hood hinges) and another from John, the stainless bolts, trim pieces, and alt brackets.
Thanks guys!!!
72_24_09_10_7_17_11_3.jpg

72_24_09_10_7_17_10_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some pics of the stuff I got from JonK:
Carbs, oil pan, brake pedal assembly, apron, drive shaft
72_24_09_10_7_17_10_2.jpg

72_24_09_10_7_17_12_4.jpg

72_24_09_10_7_19_11_0.jpg

the soda blasting place quoted me $45 for the dash, I'll drop it off next weekend.

yeah, the guy was going to build a EFI/5 speed car so the majority of stuff is for that combo. He did have the 85 GT distributor also, so I can use that with a carb. The engine came from a low mileage 94 Cobra that was T-Boned so he took everything, AC, Alt, PS pump, etc. I'll need a flex plate and motor plate for a C4. Or Mark has offered to make me a deal on his close ratio 4 speed??? I would need lots more stuff to go manual...

Craig, I have my C4 blockplate if you need it, didn't think of it when you were here of course, my CRS kicking in again.
Jon

"tarafied1" said:
He did have the 85 GT distributor also, so I can use that with a carb.

Perfect match, one of the carbs I sent with you came off an '84/'85 carbed mustang....

72_24_09_10_7_19_13_2.jpg

One of them totes looks oddly similar to one of these...

usps.jpg

You been ganking totes from the Post Office, Craig?

"Jonk67" said:
Craig, I have my C4 blockplate if you need it, didn't think of it when you were here of course, my CRS kicking in again.
Jon

Perfect match, one of the carbs I sent with you came off an '84/'85 carbed mustang....
yeah, I will need it. What flex plate do I need, I know the late model 5.0 is different balance?
You been ganking totes from the Post Office, Craig?
"gank" StangFix word of the day! uh, no I personally did not "gank" the tote, I acquired it with the parts but I will keep it out of sight of my postal delivery person. Thanks for the heads up!

"fordrule" said:
hmmm EFI.....interesting craig..did you get the whole setup?
I think so, I need to go thru the totes to see what's all in there. I don't know if I got the computer and throttle body. I think most everything else is there.

Sluggo,
I know you have been busy with your own motor and customer projects, but when you are playing around with the graphics I have a request. I love the idea of having tarafied1 on the side of the car, but most people don't get it. One of my RC Monster trucks was called I'm TARA-fied! I was thinking we could do the "TARA" in capitol letters and the "fied" part in small letters still with the theme you made. This way random people seeing the car might get it. Even could do in real small print above TARA-fied "married to TARA, that makes me..." what do ya think?
index.php

index.php

"tarafied1" said:
what do ya think?

I think asking that question around here is a pretty risky gamble on the responses you're going to get. You going to ask us about the steering wheel next?

"sigtauenus" said:
I think asking that question around here is a pretty risky gamble on the responses you're going to get. You going to ask us about the steering wheel next?
I thought you guys only messed with people named Craig... oh, wait... :eek good point.

Craig, I had to go out on the road again. I did start a box of stuff. Um, if you still need the C4 stuff let me know. I have all of what you need. I'll be back home on the 1st and will get it all wrapped up them and then mail it off before I head off to San Diego.

Mel

I'm not sure on the C4 stuff yet Mel. As I understand it, the 81 and later 5.0 used a 50oz flexplate with 164 teeth and the most common C4 289 flexplate is the 157 28.5oz so the motor plate might not work. I think I am going to need a custom flexplate to use the common C4 bell housing and motor plate http://kmjent.com/cart/product.php?productid=655&cat=20164506&bestseller=Y or a motor plate and bell from a full size car/truck SBF that also used a 164 tooth.

I have the bell housing to go with the T10, but....since your gonna race it, you'll need a blow proof housing and an SFI rated flywheel.

Unless you hate your feet.

I'm sorry Rich, I don't have your number. I got delayed heading out of Monticello and had to meet up with the guy from Michigan to get the short block in Ft Wayne. I tried to do too much in a short time. I should have tried to get a hold of you. Very sorry.

Back