• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

"tarafied1" said:
Now I have a question. JonK gave me the little black bracket for a 67 column but I'm missing the hoop looking part. I have this assembly from a 68, will it work okay? It has more holes and maybe a tab for the column... or should I keep looking for the rest of the 67?

The 68 piece will not work, I tried both and couldn't get it to work, keep looking for 67, unfortunately I have the piece you already have but not the other piece.

"gtscode" said:
The 68 piece will not work, I tried both and couldn't get it to work, keep looking for 67, unfortunately I have the piece you already have but not the other piece.
thanks, that's what I was afraid of.
"fordrule" said:
nice progress craig. those valve covers are sweet...you going to paint them or leave them stock looking?
I'm not sure I can use them, they are hitting the rocker arms. I may need spacers or different VC's

Craig, I'm sure I have the other mount too, if I remember right the one I gave you goes on top and I need to find the bottom one as in your '67 pic. I guess I put it somewhere seperate with the '67 column which is a smaller diameter than the '68 or it's in my cabinet. It'll be after 10/14 before i can look as I'm out of town. Please put this on my list of things for you as I only have limited web access every couple days.
Jon

Craig, there is a 16# box coming your way. Door handles, tail light lenses, a couple gauges, a gauge plate and the battery box and cables. Oh, a Motorcraft solenoid. I kind of cleaned out some things. I did find some stuff I need for my car though.

Mel

thanks Mel, sorry I missed your call!

JonK, I need to ride up there again when we both have time, no biggie though. Lots of work to do yet

wiring harness(s) arrived today!!!
72_06_10_10_8_33_15_1.jpg

Thanks Randy!

Last edited by a moderator:
dropped off the dash from the POS to be soda blasted (and the brake pedal bracket). He has a buddy that does powder coating so I'm gonna have it powder coated black.
I also picked up a 68 collapsible column and steering gearbox.

Thanks. I needed the gear box since the column that came with the car was a late 67 and had a rag joint. The doner POS 67 has a spear-o-matic gearbox and no column. When I found the 68 gearbox he had a 68 column too. I have the 68 bracket. I still need a steering wheel and I don't want an ugly 68 so I might just use the 68 gearbox with the original 67 column which means I still need the 67 bracket. JonK did give me a 68 brake pedal however, so if I find a nice steering wheel that will fit the 68 column I can use that. I need to get a 68 turn signal switch also because the wiring I have is for a 68.
This car is slowly becoming a 68 Mustang! It has 68 doors, fenders, wiring, brake pedal, instrument cluster, steering gearbox, etc..

I'm still in St. Paul this week but my wife called and said I have a box from Mel full of goodies and Rusty red's radiator arrived also!
Thanks guys!!!
I'm hoping to pick up the dash this weekend. There is a Good Guys show at Beech Bend and the soda blaster guy said he was going to have booth there and maybe bring my dash. I was planning to enter the show but I think I will just go on Saturday. I haven't seen my wife for 3 weeks so I better spend a little time with her huh!?!

Don't worry about her...we're seeing to it that she is fully satisfied while you're gone!

Sluggo had a google list but I haven't been able to access it. I'll post a new "running" list when I get home.

"tarafied1" said:
I'm still in St. Paul this week but my wife called and said I have a box from Mel full of goodies and Rusty red's radiator arrived also!
Thanks guys!!!
I'm hoping to pick up the dash this weekend. There is a Good Guys show at Beech Bend and the soda blaster guy said he was going to have booth there and maybe bring my dash. I was planning to enter the show but I think I will just go on Saturday. I haven't seen my wife for 3 weeks so I better spend a little time with her huh!?!

Glad to hear it made it! It's a little rough looking but worked well last time it was in my car. Wasn't under the work bench for very long at all so should still be running fine.

got home a little while ago and checked the goods! The radiator looks okay and wow is it light! 65/66 must be narrower, I'll have to make some brackets but thanks so much!

Craig, Mel sent me two SW gauges. An oil pressure and amp gauge. I could use a temp gauge. If you still want to donate that's your call. I can decide which will work best and return (or pay them forward) the one's I don't use.

Back