• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

"Grabber70Mach" said:
Looking nice, since you have no place to plug in the Coke-a-Cola sign in your garage, I could find a plug for it in my shop. :good :coo
I've got tons of Coke stuff. Both my mom and Grandma collected it and when they passed I got it all.

The brake pedal stuff was media blasted in a cabinet (glass beads). I just used brake parts cleaner, let it dry, primed and painted. I haven't done anything to the dash yet. Waiting to see what the powder coat guy recommends.

before I install the dash I want to prep and paint the cowl area. I want this to look like a race car but not just a stripped street car. A lot of the nice race cars have a light grey on all the panels and stuff. Should I go this route or black? I'm leaning towards the grey but want yawl's opinion.
1967_Ford_Mustang_Jerry_Titus_Tribute_Trans_Am_Race_Car_Interior_1.jpg

That grey and black combo looks like it would work good. Easy to clean, and you can see things better than all black.

that's what I was thinking too. I've got a decent used OEM black dash pad and the black camera finish dash stuff. I just like how that looks. Although one of the car's I saw at the track this past weekend had a "finished" interior that looked good too.
index.php

Oh yea....nothing wrong with a full interior. Just a bit more weight but looks "complete" so to say. I would go full cuz I would be going down the street too.... :ecit

I am fighting the temptation to make it street legal. I don't want to compromise going fast! I don't want a hack job either. Being on a budget sucks! Thanks to all you guys however, this is becoming a reality so I got to do it right!

Street legal and fast are good together. Then you can drive it to the strip. Just gotta have control over the right foot at the proper times.....

Guess in better be street legal....but is does not have to be street "tame". The next option would be a hitch on the red one and a tow bar.

that would be cool! I do have a hitch for the red one. My buddy will let me use his trailer too so I can tow it with my truck. But having a fast Street "legal" car would be pretty neet.

Craig,

Having an all black interior in my 66....if I ever do it again it will be an off white interior. The all black was done for simplicity, but in reality it's just bland and character-less!

"silverblueBP" said:
Craig,

Having an all black interior in my 66....if I ever do it again it will be an off white interior. The all black was done for simplicity, but in reality it's just bland and character-less!

That is exactly why I did Shag's interior parchment. Red has all black and I got tired of the dark cave.

"cmayna" said:
That is exactly why I did Shag's interior parchment. Red has all black and I got tired of the dark cave.

I got tired of burning the backs of my thighs on 80-90* summer days. And soaking through my shirt with sweat shortly after.

all good points, the rules for drag racing include that the windows have to be up. Keeping cool inside there in the hot humid summer will be a challenge.

gotta love the humidity of the south lol. I am sure you are going to do an awesome job craig. I have seen your craftmanship on red and its inspiring

Back