• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

powder coater will do the dash, ash try and glove box door, prep and all for $100. Dropping it off Sunday afternoon, should be done by Thursday.

You might want to consider a two tone gray interior with the floors, etc. a lighter gray and the dash/door panels darker grey (see how gray looks lighter than grey just by changing a letter? )

I wish i would have gone with the TransAm gray engine bay paint scheme before I painted mine black, makes it easy to track down leaks and easier to see at night..
Enginebaygray.png

Dual carbs would help the appearance also...:drool

I would at least insulate the roof panel to stave off as much sun heat as you can from above.
On the interior maybe some indoor/outdoor gray carpet velcro'd or glued down? you could always weigh it first to see what it adds, bare metal leaves a lot of sharp areas to drive around in and adds a lot of noise I bet. Maybe there's a type of mat cloth that you could apply to the floors that's mold/water resistant?
Jon

I dropped off the dash, glove box door and ash try door. I'm gonna go ahead and have those done satin black. The cowl and floor (all inside metal) I'm gonna paint Ford 8N Grey. I can get the paint at tractor supply. I've got some original Mustang rubber floor mats, I might just throw those in there. I thought about spraying the floor with bedliner but IDK...
I didn't think about the engine compartment in grey, that looks good. Might do that!
All good ideas and good points Jon, thanks

"AzPete" said:
The bed liner would add weight for getting down the 1/4 or 1/8th track......

And I've read horror stories of trying to remove that stuff if you change your mind later or have to do replacement welding...I'd rather POR15 or Eastwood Rust encapsulator.

Maybe use that trunk splatter paint. It comes it various mixes of greys, blacks and whites and would not be slick.

I noticed all the other cars that you posted interior pics for have some sort of roll bar.

Assuming you are going to add one to the drag car for safety sake?

at some point I will add a roll cage and subframe connectors. I don't think it will be fast enough initially to "need" or be required to have one. I have set a goal of trying to keep the cost under $5,000 but I don't have the cash in hand. I will do what I can with what I have as I have it. That means my focus will be on drive train as that will suck the most funds. What ever is left will be for extra stuff. Right now I am just trying to put it together. Sluggo had said at one point that Jason was hoping it would be a running, driving car so they could move it around the shop when they get ready to prep and paint. So that is my short term goal, just get it put together and running. I am not just going to slap it together though. Cleaning, painting and detailing smaller stuff isn't too expensive. I am enjoying that too.

Hey, no problem. That still helps. You guys have donated so much already.
You wouldn't happen to have this 68 steering column bracket part would you?
3514a.JPG

Thanks Sam and thanks everybody

"70_Fastback" said:
No, that is not for the rat. That intake is for a small block. I'm running a big block, 460.
:$$$ how much!?!?! That would be SOOOOOOO awesome!!!

"fordrule" said:
wow craig that would be trick and friggin old school shwag
yes indeed!

I picked up the dash stuff on my way home tonight. I think it turned out well!

Back