• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

Well I guess I could forgive you this time but don't make a habit of it lol :lol. And I had to eat all those wings the Hooters girls had waiting for you. Rich.

Nice to see you got the hood hinges, thanks for the pictures. Looks like the Arizona dirt made it intact, I was worried that the dirt might rub off, so I packed them in that "bubble" wrap!

"One of my RC Monster trucks was called I'm TARA-fied! I was thinking we could do the "TARA" in capitol letters and the "fied" part in small letters still with the theme you made. This way random people seeing the car might get it. Even could do in real small print above TARA-fied "married to TARA, that makes me..." what do ya think?"

How about a graphic on the side with your wife's picture, with a message, this is TARA, and I'm TARAfied?

"ZFORCE" said:
How about a graphic on the side with your wife's picture, with a message, this is TARA, and I'm TARAfied?
I won't just be TARAfied, I'll be dead!
And yeah, the hinges made it! Thanks!!! This car is going to be quite the Frankenstein. Parts from NC, KY, TX, AZ, FL, MI, and OK. The car was built in Cali, shipped to OKC and ended up in Texas. Now living in KY and I will race it in Tennessee!
"gotstang" said:
A 1981 255ci/C4 flexplate is 157t/50oz and it's $22 from bulkpart. :D
hmmm... thanks

The underdash and headlamp harness have been refurbished, and will be sent out via FedEx on Monday.

well I had to go to WallKill NY last week, Wednesday my boss calls and says fly to Chatsworth Thursday, they need ya. So I spend Friday and Saturday in sunny Kalifornia and fly home yesterday. I was supposed to take the dash to get blasted on Saturday, needless to say that didn't happen. This evening I did however, drill out the spot welds and remove the old dash.
72_04_10_10_4_31_13_0.jpg

72_04_10_10_4_31_14_1.jpg

72_04_10_10_4_31_14_2.jpg

Now I have a question. JonK gave me the little black bracket for a 67 column but I'm missing the hoop looking part. I have this assembly from a 68, will it work okay? It has more holes and maybe a tab for the column... or should I keep looking for the rest of the 67?
72_04_10_10_4_31_15_3.jpg

72_04_10_10_4_31_15_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That part looks like the one on my 67. I say try it.

I have the complete battery relocation kit in a box and will get it out tomorrow. It is new and still in the wrapping. I have some stock seat belts if you need them and the old under dash loom and I even found the ignition switch without cylinder.

Somewhere I have some new three point seat belts. I'll keep looking before I go into town tomorrow. I know the lap belts are probably all wrong for this build, but they may work until harnesses are located.

Can you use any of this.

Mel

"guruatbol" said:
That part looks like the one on my 67. I say try it.

I have the complete battery relocation kit in a box and will get it out tomorrow. It is new and still in the wrapping. I have some stock seat belts if you need them and the old under dash loom and I even found the ignition switch without cylinder.

Somewhere I have some new three point seat belts. I'll keep looking before I go into town tomorrow. I know the lap belts are probably all wrong for this build, but they may work until harnesses are located.

Can you use any of this.

Mel
Mel,
I have stock lap belts, thanks. I have a racing seat belt harness from Mark too.
72_06_10_10_8_33_14_0.jpg

I also have the wiring, Randy has checked my shorts and it's on it's way back to me. I have an ignition switch with a key too. I could use the battery kit however, that would be perfect! Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
here is the "let's get it running" motor... 94 Cobra short block, 289 heads ported and 351W valves. 85 HO distributor. 600 Holley.
index.php

Since you are such a fast worker, I think I will send my wife's stang to you so it can get done in a day.

:craz

That blower would get a lot of looks going down the street.

Since you are such a fast worker, I think I will send my wife's stang to you so it can get done in a day.
:scar

uh sure send it over :lol

yeah the blower would be a nice touch, but WAY over my budget!

Craig,

I found a driver's side wide grill molding, yours if you and it.

Are you going to mount that stainless piece that hold the door window weather stip. If so, I have a bunch of those flat mounting screws if you need some. Just tell me how many you need.

It is sure nice cleaning out the garage (and filling up yours) :craz

"janschutz" said:
Craig,

I found a driver's side wide grill molding, yours if you and it.

Are you going to mount that stainless piece that hold the door window weather stip. If so, I have a bunch of those flat mounting screws if you need some. Just tell me how many you need.

It is sure nice cleaning out the garage (and filling up yours) :craz
Yeah. At this point I'll take anything. It looks like I need 11 screws for the drivers side, PS is still on. Thanks!!

Back