• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

3:55 gears? Going autocrossing? :lol

We need to make Sam proud and make this thing pull wheelies.

I fired off an e-mail to Sam Auxier Jr. about the paint work. Since this thing has been a runaway hit and it undoubtedly going to happen, Jason and I agreed that we should not only include him but ask his permission.

Sam has already responded and is onboard provided we whip up an agreement letter, supply him pictures and a timeline. I am currently working on this.

Sam also asked that I invite everyone to listen to his radio show every Monday evening. Here's the link. Please check it out and support him. http://dragracersreunion.ning.com Mark, can you link this in the race board as a sticky as well as his personal site?

Also visit his personal site and check out all the cool vintage photos there. http://www.samauxierjrracing.com/

Thanks everyone!

Craig, I am home today and leaving early in AM. sorry no time to get to the Post Office.

Um, when I get back next week, I can get you the battery box and kit and the other things.

Mel

"Sluggo" said:
Sam has already responded and is onboard provided we whip up an agreement letter, supply him pictures and a timeline.
Let me know if the agreement letter gets complicated enough that you need a lawyer to make it confusing, unclear and meaningless.

"ko67" said:
Let me know if the agreement letter gets complicated enough that you need a lawyer to make it confusing, unclear and meaningless.

It's a simple agreement. I sent you a pm.

"Sluggo" said:
I fired off an e-mail to Sam Auxier Jr. about the paint work. Since this thing has been a runaway hit and it undoubtedly going to happen, Jason and I agreed that we should not only include him but ask his permission.

You know, a critical skill in reading forums is to actually read the entire post vice skipping over a paragraph. For example, I skipped that third paragraph, particularly the first sentence, and was extremely confused there for a minute.

Thanks guys, that's really cool he's on board too. The paint scheme is going to be sweet! I hope it I can get it to do wheelies too!
Well, I haven't been called out on the road yet this week so far (could have two weeks in a row at home!!!). So I cut the dash out of the POS, got the right door and hood on... the hinges are borrewed so I still need some but this way I can get everything lined up and see whats what.
index.php

index.php

index.php

Looking great Craig! You do good work. I better hurry and get the parts to you. I think someone offered a full set of motor mounts or do you still need the passer side mount?

I think Dave said he had a set so hang on to yours. Thanks, it's coming together! I'm trying to do a lot when I'm home because often I'm not home during the week and weekends can be busy.

it's not as much as it might appear. I think just bolting parts on makes it look better though. I'm gonna clean/strip the dash before I put it in. This will slow things down a bit!
"silverblueBP" said:
That's a scoop that can even get J to notice!
yeah but I don't have anything under the scoop yet!

"tarafied1" said:
I think Dave said he had a set so hang on to yours. Thanks, it's coming together! I'm trying to do a lot when I'm home because often I'm not home during the week and weekends can be busy.

Yes, I have the pair of motor mounts ready for when Sam stops by. What else am I on the hook for? Remember that I stripped the POS and should have anything you now need. Let me know and I'll have it all ready to go.

"Kats66Pny" said:
I want a hood like that for Gertrude! :pbj
it's just a stock hood with a cheap scoop bolted on and hole cut in it. That hood was on my very first car, my 67 Mustang I bought when I was 15! I later put a turn signal hood on it and saved the hood, then I used it again on my current Mustang until I bought the fiberglass hood. Oh the memories!

"daveSanborn" said:
Yes, I have the pair of motor mounts ready for when Sam stops by. What else am I on the hook for? Remember that I stripped the POS and should have anything you now need. Let me know and I'll have it all ready to go.

Dave,
Thanks. I still need those motor mounts but I think your off the hook for the wiring. 68RestoMod (Larry) sent the front harness to Midlife and I just mailed him the underdash harness I picked up. He'll look those over. If he needs anything for the harness's maybe we will let you know but I think we are good on wires.

I know everybody is been great to offer so much, I hate to take it all. I'm meeting JonK this weekend to raid his stash. Next week I'll email Sluggo with an update for the list since my computer has a "google" virus. I can't access anything google.

Back