• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

I've also got a bunch of fastners left over from the master bolt kit I bought, i will toss them in the battery box. Give me a few and I'll make a list of what I have.

Interested in a pair of slapper bars? The kind that replace the bottom spring plates. Let me know you cover the shipping and they are yours.

Thanks Kat but I would feel really low taking things from your project! I do have some black 68 front seats but they are shabby. I agree that if some folks have stuff that is duplicate, Kat's 66 is a good place to contribute. Mel, if you want to contribute to both "your the man!" The chrome C4 pan would be some nice bling. I've got two offers on radiators already. I think the aluminum one from Rusty red might be best for light weight. If I get the deal worked out for the 5.0 I will need lots of things like pulleys and brackets but I don't know how that will work yet, I've agreed to his offer to trade my stuff but he has to figure out how to get the engine here.

Fasteners, I need those, both the POS and this car were stripped clean!

As for slapper bars, I actually have a set of those around here somewhere... Thanks so much for the offer!

I've been working on getting this quarter panel to fit. see this thread http://www.stangfix.com/testforum/index.php/topic,9054.0.html
It just seams too long, I took it all the way off. I borrowed my friends plasma cutter and I'm gonna cut the left rear quarter off the POS and go all the way to the factory seam in the roof. It has rust but I think It will be better overall than the repop quarter.

I'm going to send Kat the dash pad and then battery box.

I have some old door panels for the 67. They were new and sat in the 67 while at the first body shop. They will work for a budget drag car though. I will send you the chrome pan for the C4. Send me your address. You pay shipping and you can have it.

Mel

I have a good windshield on my parts car. If you cant find one closer, its yours. Like I said, I'll be heading south in April.

"tarafied1" said:
I have now had 3 offers to paint it! Sluggo, Jason and Rich. This thing has taken on a life of it's own!

make that four :vic i'm pretty close by for other stuff too....

"RyanG85" said:
I have a good windshield on my parts car. If you cant find one closer, its yours. Like I said, I'll be heading south in April.
Rich has offered up one, I could pick it up from him since he is only about 6 or 7 hours away. I think Dave had one too but Rich's is the closest. I will let you know. I appreciate it!
"SELLERSRODSHOP" said:
make that four :vic i'm pretty close by for other stuff too....
I'll be calling ya for advise on this quarter panel!

alright, I talked to Steve Sellers this morning about the quarter and he gave me great advise. I worked on it tonight before I head out of town. I got it tacked in place, good enough for now. My next big project, repair the dash so the steering can go back together!
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

yeah, stuck with it and figured if I screwed it up too bad then I could still cut the one off the POS. Steve suggested I make it fit at the rear to start, since it was more complex shapes. He also suggested I weld some metal behind the roof "stub" since the cuts weren't very clean and it would be hard to butt weld. So i did but I had to trim a little in some areas first. Then I worked my way forward. I had to persuade the the wheel house a little and it still needs work but it's better. Then he suggested if needed i could section the front at the door where it's straight. I was able to use the hammer and dolly on both ends to make the folds a little more defined and that helped pull the quarter into place. It's still too long but it fits. It's going to need more work but I'm confident now that it will work where as before I was ready to pitch it.
THANKS Steve!!!
Plus Steve said if needed I could take it to his shop an hour from me so that gave me the confidence if I really screwed it up he could bail me out!!!

well I think I have finalized the deal for the 5.0 short block, he also has a Fox Body 8.8 rear axle he says has only 200 miles on it and 3.55 gears w/limited slip. He wants to trade that for another of my RC trucks. Should I go for it? I won't use it in the 67 but maybe could sell/swap it for something else...

"tarafied1" said:
well I think I have finalized the deal for the 5.0 short block, he also has a Fox Body 8.8 rear axle he says has only 200 miles on it and 3.55 gears w/limited slip. He wants to trade that for another of my RC trucks. Should I go for it? I won't use it in the 67 but maybe could sell/swap it for something else...

Personally, I'd grab the 5.0 shortblock and shelve the 8.8 rearend idea. If I remember/read correctly Jason @ CR said he has some leftover 9" rearends that would be a direct bolt-in for the project....

yeah, I'm definitely going to use the 9", I already have a 9" pumpkin with traction lock and 4.11 gears. It's a 31 spline so I just need axles. We'll see what the housing Jason has came out of, I might have to have it narrowed if it's out of the 71's he mentioned.
I just thought I could sell or swap the 8.8 easier than an RC Monster truck.

That 8.8 is desired on some web sites. Might be easier to turn than the RC if you are happy with the trade deal/value.

Back