• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

The ***"Official"*** StangFix Drag car

Despite being really far away...I would really like to contribute something towards this build. no doubt it will be a small part but i will happily pay to send something to you. i will look through my old parts bin tomorrow to see if there is anything you can use.

"Johnny M" said:
Despite being really far away...I would really like to contribute something towards this build. no doubt it will be a small part but i will happily pay to send something to you. i will look through my old parts bin tomorrow to see if there is anything you can use.
Some Irish fuzzy dice?

Or just some Irish whiskey for the build team..... or a couple of those cheerleader types he always seems to have crawling around his place...

Some of us can't afford to have those wild cheerleaders around without losing half or more of what we think we own.

I vote for the bobble head leprechaun!

i doubt whiskey will help the build much so its either the cheer leader type ladies or the bobble headed leprechaun....just let me know what will help the most and i will organise it.

since it will most likely be a group build in Oklahoma, I vote for the cheerleader types! oops, my wife said I can't handle a cheerleader type. :cry

edited the list, I went to a buddy's tonight and went thru his stuff. He had a trunk latch and under-dash harness so I just need the engine compartment harness. If I get the export brace I won't need the other braces.

"tarafied1" said:
edited the list, I went to a buddy's tonight and went thru his stuff. He had a trunk latch and under-dash harness so I just need the engine compartment harness. If I get the export brace I won't need the other braces.

I'll refurbish the underdash harness and cover the shipping costs both ways for ya...no charge. How's that?

awesome, but I can cover shipping both ways. PM me your address and I'll get it out to you next week. Thanks!!! :10

"Jonk67" said:
Craig, I've got a couple Holley 600cfm single feeds that you're welcome to use until you dial it in or use either permanently. I tried both of them on my car and then came across a BG I couldn't pass up so they're just in the cabinet.

Seems like we'd almost be able to get a 'hands across America' thing going to pass large parts along with as many members as we have spread across the country or to a specific location like CR.

I think if you left the trunk lid clean that would be a cool place to list contributors signatures, maybe there's a way to do an online stencil of your signature and send it to be transferred to the trunk? Just make them all the same size and list them or arrange them loosely on it? Maybe signature with your screen name in print next to it?

Once my '67 is running I'll be glad to give you something to run against, you always go faster when you're competing....
Jon
I like the trunk idea!!! and racing you. You ever go to Clarksville Speedway? I've been there and of course Beach Bend. Both are close to me but Clarksville should be closer for you I think...

I plan to put some mileage on my car so I'll race ya' at both! Haven't run at either yet, just the 1/8mi. at the Nashville SuperSpeedway when I was stock, they turn pit row into an 1/8 on Fridays.

"Johnny M" said:
i doubt whiskey will help the build much so its either the cheer leader type ladies or the bobble headed leprechaun....just let me know what will help the most and i will organise it.

I think a 4 leaf clover for the dash would be useful, I've seen Craig's driving :scar

I think the idea of using the SF tags would be easiest but may add too much wt. to the car at the rate we're going....
Jon

The guy who I got the heads from is possibly working on a deal with me for more of my RC stuff in trade for the engine the heads were on. It's a 5.0 roller motor, rebuilt but never fired... it has an E303 Ford Racing cam. He calculated it would have about 10.5:1 CR. Maybe a better motor than my 351W?

cam specs:
cam lift.311 int exh .311
valve lift .498 int exh .498
max lift intake 110* exhaust 110*
valve setting. .000 intake exhaust .000

cam timing @.004 tappet lift
intake opens 28* btdc closes at 74* abdc duration is 282
exhaust opens 68*bbdc closes 34* atdc duration 282

cam timing @.050 tappet lift
intake opens at 0* btdc closes 40*abdc duration 220
exhaust opens 40* bbdc closes 0* atdc duration 220

Craig, I expect to see this car racing on Pinks All Out!

In late March, early April, I'll be heading south from NY to FL, if you are still in need of stuff by then, I can get stuff a bit closer to you.

Back