• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

My plan is to fill it with piranha, don't feed them then put a sign out front on Halloween that directs people to sign up for O care!

Installing a ceiling fan and adding two recess lights to my kitchen table. Already changed the bulbs to LEDs and dimmers

"copasspupil" said:
Installing a ceiling fan and adding two recess lights to my kitchen table. Already changed the bulbs to LEDs and dimmers

Why would you put lights in a table? :hide

Slightly off-topic
LEDs bulbs.....still seems kinda silly to me......60 watt bulbs are $0.50 each at Walmart (I know because I just bought a 4 pack for $1.97). LED bulbs are still in the $8-15 range for the equivalent light. Color characteristics aside and overall size of the bulbs.....are you really going to save $8 per light over the course of home ownership? :dun

Well we finally got around to doing some planting in our backyard. We built our house 11 years ago and never did any plants in the back. The neighbors probably hate us. I hate yard work. Now I know why we paid people to do the front and sides.

Before
yjy7e8ys.jpg

ezuhejyz.jpg

After
su6yqa2y.jpg

asy8edaz.jpg

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

"silverblueBP" said:
Been working on a lot of little items since moving into the new house in Ames. The latest and most time consuming was making a storage area in the pool room that will hold most of the garage stuff. I robbed an area 7' deep x 19' long and walled it off. All that's left now is to remove the brick steps and replace with some proper steps that have the correct tread depth and riser heights. I've never understood people that just randomly make stairs that are not consistent.

Before

After

Finally finished the demo of those crappy brick steps and replaced with wood. I used some deck restore paint that makes them waterproof since it's in the pool area. I wanted to see how it works before I re-do the back patio this spring.

Newsteps.jpg

"silverblueBP" said:
"silverblueBP" said:
Been working on a lot of little items since moving into the new house in Ames. The latest and most time consuming was making a storage area in the pool room that will hold most of the garage stuff. I robbed an area 7' deep x 19' long and walled it off. All that's left now is to remove the brick steps and replace with some proper steps that have the correct tread depth and riser heights. I've never understood people that just randomly make stairs that are not consistent.

Before

After

Finally finished the demo of those crappy brick steps and replaced with wood. I used some deck restore paint that makes them waterproof since it's in the pool area. I wanted to see how it works before I re-do the back patio this spring.

Newsteps.jpg

Nice!

Do you have to have a system to recirculate the air in the pool house so that things don't get too humid out there? If so what do you use?

I am saving right now for an indoor pool.

Mel

Mel, there is a system that removes the humidity and recirculates the air, but I don't know what it cost. It was here when we bought the house. The system is by Healthy Climate Solutions, no idea if it's a good unit or not...still need to look into it!

If I leave the water at 70* the humidity isn't bad. If I bump it up to 80-85* (comfortable swimming temps) it feels like a rain forest!

Nice to know.

I am looking into the glass enclosures that open up. I also read that if you cover your pool when not in use it helps the humidity.

Mel

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

"guruatbol" said:
Nice to know.

I am looking into the glass enclosures that open up. I also read that if you cover your pool when not in use it helps the humidity.

Mel

True but covering and uncovering is a PITA!

"guruatbol" said:
That's why you use an electric motorized cover.

Mel

Only "rich" republicans have those. Mine takes two people to hand wind/unwind

A little late on this. Over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend, my 2 oldest brothers came to town and helped me get a lot of stuff done. They installed a glass block window in one of the bathrooms as well as a whirlpool bathtub and a new vanity and toilet and exhaust fan to replace the slide open window. They also installed LED can lights in the bathrooms and living room. My sister is doing the tile in the bathroom.

index.php

Bathroom before new window

index.php

Ready for larger block window

index.php

Glass blocks and new tub installed

index.php

With new vanity, toilet and floor tile

index.php

New lights in living room

Attachments

• BathroomBefore.JPG
    BathroomBefore.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 109
  • WindowReframed.JPG
    WindowReframed.JPG
    392 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1868.JPG
    IMG_1868.JPG
    511.7 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1866.JPG
    IMG_1866.JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 107
Must be nice to have relatives with skills that can help out around the house. Looks really nice Mr. Frank.

fd

Back