• Hello there guest and Welcome to The #1 Classic Mustang forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

What have you done on your house today?

"tarafied1" said:
you can see the "holes" in this picture along the 2x4's and in the legs. I did the legs first so the 2x4's cover some of the screws in the legs. It's pretty strong. ya just have to make sure not to send the screws through the top!
1005678_10200609654189391_2146060918_n.jpg

Hopefully you didn't glue the frame to the top. That is a big no no. What happens over time is that the frame and top will expand & contract at different rates resulting in cracks.

I thought I'd post a few pictures of the progress on my house. Work is continuing. My sister sanded some doors and I sealed some grout today.

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

I'm SOOOO happy to have a place of my OWN and to not be renting anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_1654.JPG
    IMG_1654.JPG
    287.2 KB · Views: 162
  • MasterBedroom1.JPG
    MasterBedroom1.JPG
    399.3 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1807.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 158
  • LivingRoom2.JPG
    LivingRoom2.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1778.JPG
    IMG_1778.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 159
More pictures:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    368.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_1765.JPG
    IMG_1765.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1767.JPG
    IMG_1767.JPG
    516.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    418.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1809.JPG
    IMG_1809.JPG
    405.7 KB · Views: 165
I can't seem to get back into my post to annotate the pictures, so here are my comments:

There were juniper bushes next to the driveway and on either side of the front window that my sister cut out.

The last two pictures are the board and batten my sister put up on the entryway wall.

Wow Frank looks like you and your wallet are having some fun. Hope that you are paying your sister well for all of her hard work. :swhat Are you doing the tile work, or did you pay someone to get done faster. :whis If I was your neighbor I would be so happy to see you moving in, except for the part where you are sleeping on the front lawn. :hmm I assume that your sister pulled out the shrubs because you are cleaning up the front yard as well.

Your kitty looks happy and WELL fed in his new home...

fd

We got our swim spa delivered today. I now have to build a deck around it. All of this so my wife won't give me a hard time spending money on my cars.
y3edu6u4.jpg

ja6uzy9y.jpg

sa3a4ete.jpg

Darreld
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed on the house in Ames.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

"FordDude" said:
Wow Frank looks like you and your wallet are having some fun. Hope that you are paying your sister well for all of her hard work. :swhat Are you doing the tile work, or did you pay someone to get done faster. :whis If I was your neighbor I would be so happy to see you moving in, except for the part where you are sleeping on the front lawn. :hmm I assume that your sister pulled out the shrubs because you are cleaning up the front yard as well.

fd

There was carpet in the living room, part of the hallway and the bedrooms, tile in the rest of the hallway and the linoleum in the kitchen and dining room. We pulled up all the flooring and paid to have carpet installed in the bedrooms only. My sister did the tile in the rest of the house, with my help. We haven't started on the bathrooms yet. She painted all the walls while the flooring was out (no dropcloths to worry about). I'll be landscaping with drought resistant plants and rocks mostly, maybe a little bit of grass. Water is expensive and getting more expensive each year.

"crustycurmudgeon" said:
"FordDude" said:

fd

There was carpet in the living room, part of the hallway and the bedrooms, tile in the rest of the hallway and the linoleum in the kitchen and dining room. We pulled up all the flooring and paid to have carpet installed in the bedrooms only. My sister did the tile in the rest of the house, with my help. We haven't started on the bathrooms yet. She painted all the walls while the flooring was out (no dropcloths to worry about). I'll be landscaping with drought resistant plants and rocks mostly, maybe a little bit of grass. Water is expensive and getting more expensive each year.

Nice job.

You can save money on your cable TV too. That green pedistal in hte from that looks like a dome it where the hookup is. Just cancel your cable and then kick the ped open, that is how we do it since the keys don't always work and then hook up your service line.

They will never know......

Hehehe,

George

"Gigantopithecus" said:
Silently wept as I watched an entire paycheck disappear as I paid the mortgage.

Dude, you're way over extended! Just stop worrying about paying for the house and let Obama take care of it for you. After all, he's much smarter than you and knows what's best for you and your family.

Been working on a lot of little items since moving into the new house in Ames. The latest and most time consuming was making a storage area in the pool room that will hold most of the garage stuff. I robbed an area 7' deep x 19' long and walled it off. All that's left now is to remove the brick steps and replace with some proper steps that have the correct tread depth and riser heights. I've never understood people that just randomly make stairs that are not consistent.

Before

PoolwallLarge.jpg

After

null_zpsb9b8a946.jpg

Back